Stuck --> [IOBluetoothHCIController].... calling registerService

Neo_01

20 posts in this topic

Hi I have tried to install mountain Lion by creating an USB bootable pen drive according the guides that I have found in the forum but when I boot for the new installation my PC stuck at

[iOBluetoothHCIController].... calling registerService

I have a P8Z68 Deluxe main board and I don't have problems whit Lion.

Could you please help me

Many thanks in adivce

Hi I have tried to install mountain Lion by creating an USB bootable pen drive according the guides that I have found in the forum but when I boot for the new installation my PC stuck at

Could you please help me

Many thanks in adivce

That happens to me sometimes... I simply reboot and that normally solves the problem

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue. Stuck at exactly the same spot. Interestingly enough, I was able to boot the installer without encountering this issue and got the OS installed, but after installing and performing the exact same procedures that worked for the installer, this problem popped up on the actual OS. I'm using the ASUS P5W DH, but haven't seen anybody else having this problem with this board. I'm currently thinking it's either a problem with the boot loader version, SATA controller, or a problem kext somewhere. What's also interesting is that, after reviewing the system log (I retrieved it while booted into another OS), it appears that the boot process gets a bit further than this, but this is the last message displayed on the screen.

I'll let you know if I come up with a solution, but nothing has worked thus far.

I'm having the same issue.

Mainboard is a GA H55M-UD2H, BIOS F11, CPU i3-540, 4 GB RAM, Graphic NVIDIA 8400GS.

On partition 1 is Lion 10.7.4, on Partition 2 should run Mountain Lion.

1. with Lion 10.7.4 Network is OK, but not Audio, I use an USB-Audio adapter (Delock 7.1).

2. I have tried with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.5.2 and myHack 3.1.2.

3. I tried with an 8 GB USB-Stick and a spare harddisk partition to install.

4. I tried with and without DSDT.aml in /Extra folder.

5. I tried with boot loader Chimera 1.11

6. Two other people told to have success with this mainboard, but their hints does not work in my case.

In each case with variations I finally got stuck at the prevoius mentioned point.

If someone has a good hint where to look further, please feel free to post.

Regards, rudi19

Ok.... I've read from several other people that, as unlikely as it seems, it's graphics related. I know it seems strange, considering the stopping point is related to bluetooth. I've tried several proposed solutions, I removed all of the AppleIntel kexts related to graphics. That didn't help, though I suppose it doesn't hurt either if you have no Intel graphics. I'm using an nVidia card and I'm wondering if that's a common link between those of us with this problem.

I noticed that I had a lot of log entries (visible in verbose boot, too) about the nVidia diver (in my case, nvGF100HAL). I decided to take it one step at a time. I already had EFI strings in my org.chameleon.boot.plist, but was also using an injector with it in Lion. When I was installing Mountain Lion, it booted but I lost all video, so I added the injector to the boot media. That fixed the installer media, so I assumed that it would be necessary with the actual install as well. Well, I removed the injector anyway and tried without it and VIOLA! Not only did it boot flawlessly, but I also have full graphics acceleration WITH VANILLA KEXTS!!! For a GT 430 Fermi, that's exceedingly rare! Apparently, all I needed were the EFI strings.

So, in short, what I'm saying is, experiment with your graphics setup, because it's looking like the problem is definitely residing there. Trust me.

Could you please help me

Many thanks in adivce

Try using boot flag -f in addition to any boot flag you have.

For my case (ASUS mobo + nVidia Graphics)

-v PCIRootUID=0 ..................... Cannot

-v -f PCIRootUID=0 .................... Ok

I don't have to remove any kexts in order to enter ML installation. After you have your boot-loader installed in ML, boot flag no loner required.

When I do not use any kernel flags while booting, I got the normal boot screen, but at the end a black window telling in white letters:

"You need to restart your computer ..."

But that does not tell me any more were the problem is, why I got stuck.

Regards, rudi19

had the same problem

booted into safe mode with -v -x -f completed installation deleted every nvda kext (if you have nvidia card) and rebooted with -v

worked fine with no nvidia card recognized . still searching to fix this problem if anyone knows pls help.

gt540m 2gb

i7 2670qm

750gb hdd

8gb ram

hm65 chipset

Hello oieet,

Thank you for the very good hint. I tried now about 4 days installing Mountain Lion (ML).

Moving all NV....kext out of the folder /System/Library/Extensions brought the breakthrough.

Now ML boots, and I fixed the network with the driver Lnx2Mac's Realtec 81xx Ethernet.

The Audio works with an external USB-Audio interface (Delock 7.1).

The only drawback now is the graphics, limited to 1024 pixel width.

That need s more tuning, but I want to give feedback as soon as possible.

Mainboard is a GA H55M-UD2H, BIOS F11, CPU i3-540, 4 GB RAM, Graphic NVIDIA 8400GS.

$ lspci

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G98 [GeForce 8400 GS] (rev a1)

Regards, rudi19

Your device ID of the graphics card are not being recognized by the NV kexts. Insert device ID in NV* and see. This is some what similar to the issue with geforce 8800GT cards users gettign blank screens.

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for this hint. It was a little short in description, but google was my friend :-)

The device ID of my graphics board is nVidia Corporation G98 [GeForce 8400 GS] [10de:06e4] (rev a1).

I got that from the system information of my Lion installation.

So I patched info.plist of /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext and

added 0x06e410de&0xffe0ffff to <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>.

After the reboot the full resolution of the monitor (1920 x 1200) was achieved.

Regards, rudi19

• Like 1

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for this hint. It was a little short in description, but google was my friend :-)

The device ID of my graphics board is nVidia Corporation G98 [GeForce 8400 GS] [10de:06e4] (rev a1).

I got that from the system information of my Lion installation.

So I patched info.plist of /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext and

added 0x06e410de&0xffe0ffff to <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>.

After the reboot the full resolution of the monitor (1920 x 1200) was achieved.

Regards, rudi19

Welcome rudi19, I am happy that the solution worked for you.

Hi I have this in my files.... ????

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

Peter_sm , you can try and change IOPCIMatch to <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>and your device ID. Try this and see if this works.

When trying the sleep mode, the computer shuts off the graphic display, but not the hard disk.

Then I had to hit the Reset button to start Mountain Lion again.

Even having a suitable DSDT.aml in folder /Extra did not help, as it did on Lion.

The solution was brought by the sleepenabler universal from netskymm found on www.osx86.net.

I installed the folder SleepEnabler.kext to /System/Library/Extensions, made a reboot and it works.

Regards, rudi19

• 4 months later...

A little late to this topic, but for those reading it, when you see IOBluetoothHCIController - [completed], it has loaded and the system is starting to load the franmebuffers when the freeze occurs, so IT IS Graphics related. As mentioned above, try adding your device ID to the info.plist of you NVidia kexts.

• 1 month later...

i solved the [iOBluetoothHCIController][start.... by deleting the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

i work with a modified bios on:

- ASRock Z77M motherboard

- intel i3-3225

- Ati 5570

i had problems with the Ati 5570 to let it work its the 68D9 model

i solved that with org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Baboon</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>RestartFix</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>SystemType</key>

<string>1</string>