GeForce 7400 Go with Mountain Lion

kourbou

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was wondering If anyone had found a kext that worked with the GeForce 7400 Go. I found several but none were allowing to change the resolution or activating the QE/CI. So if anyone got it working with an EFI string or without please tell me how you did it because I am really close to get Mountain Lion working on my Vaio VGN-SZ.

Thanks,

-kourbou

Hey,

I think i just found out how to do it. I am going to try to use an Nvidia Injector (NVNATIT) and add an EFI string to that. That should do the trick to at least get the full resolution. Not sure if its gonna work for QE/CI but its worth a try i guess... :hammer: And if it doesn't work i will try changing try to patch my DSDT for it. Well il guess ill see. :star_sunglasses:

There is no 32bit anything in OS X Mountain Lion.

Your card will work in windows as Nvidia have 64 bit drivers for it, but only under Windows.

DSDT edit cannot enable hardware.

No 32bit kext will work in ML, the best you can do is force a resolution using chameleon.

Thanks for your help but since I am kinda new could I please get help with the force resolution? Not really sure how to do it. I tried adding the Graphics Resolution but it didn't work. I think it might work with an EFI string. So can someone help. Thanks.

After googling a bit I found this. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267862 Apparently he even got the QE/CI working so is this only working on his PC or could it maybe mean it might work... I just really want to know because most Video Software and Games use QE/CI. Thanks.

-kourbou