[Guide] Lion (10.7.2) on G41MT-S2 rev 1.4 - E5700 - Radeon HD 5770

kalpak2021

1 post in this topic

Hey Guys,

I am writing this post to archive my method of installation and also so that it could help others by providing something like a guide.

Pre-requisites:

1) iAtkos L2

2) Compatible Graphics Card

3) DVD Writer and a blank DVD / 8GB USB Drive

4) PATIENCE.

Here are the basic steps that i followed to get everything working:

1) So, the first step in the installation process is to grab a copy of iAtkos L2 (i am not gonna link to it, google is your friend).

2)

A. If you are on a Windows installation right now, write the image to a DVD (make sure you burn it at the slowest speed). I am afraid that the USB method is a PIA to get it to work.

B. If you already have a Mac installation running, mount the iAtkos L2 image and restore it to your USB. After restoring, it is important that you install Chimera to it (pkg attached below). I would still suggest using a DVD though (much safer and easier).

3) Boot up through your installation media and follow the onscreen instructions. Make sure you format one of the partitions in the HFS+ format from utilities/disk utility > Click on your hard disk > click on partition > Select the desired number of partitions > Options - GUID > Apply. Close the disk utility

4) In the customize menu, select the Drivers and select your corresponding sound drivers (usually Voodoo works for most of the drivers but i haven't been able to get sound working on my Hackintosh yet).

5) Click OK and proceed with the installation.

6) To get LAN working, use the kext wizard to install the kext provided.

Thats it for this tutorial. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kalpak Khemka.

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip

Kext Wizard.zip

Chimera-1.11.0.zip