HD4000 blank/black screen - info needed from working setup!

rr7

24 posts in this topic

does anyone have HD4000 working on an internal display, like a laptop or all in one? if so could you please post your ioreg and smbios.plist please?

my display just goes blank when the hd4000 acceleration starts up, looks like its not outputting to the lvds connector.

unless someone knows how to explicitly check/hack the display outputs in the kext (capri i think)?

i know how to inject properties using DSDT, and i've tried all the platform-id numbers for hd4000, none of them seem to work.

I dont know why i didn't think of this before, but i logged on via screen sharing to have a look at whats going on while its blank.

accelleratin is working, i can see the transparent bar, it reports as intel hd4000 with 512mb ram, at 1920x1080. it also shows a display connected via displayport.

i've attached my DSDT and IOREG files here, i'm sure this is something stupid and obscure, but probably incredibly simple too.

RR7-DSDT-IOREG-EDID.zip

Yes. Same effect.

GE sets platform ID 01660009.

When I login remotely I see no display listed on the profiler at all on this ID.

I have tried all 11 platform ID documented, 4,6 & 7 result in no output at all, everything else is blac screen. Almost like monitor out of range?

okay spent another evening on it, no movement. not sure what it can be.

i've tried to get the display detected as AppleBacklightDisplay (as the backlight on the screen does seem to go off) but i cant seem to do that.

from what i can tell the LVDS panel is connected to eDP converter on the motherboard. not sure why it should cause a problem though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check out this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280372&st=0 and look for iHackintosh's post with the link to his file on SendSpace. In that file he has an EFI string which when added to your boot.plist should activate your HD4000. Using an id of 01660009 yields a black screen on the laptop I am working on, using his id of 01660003 yields a normal working screen. Check it out!

Check out this thread http://www.insanelym...pic=280372&st=0 and look for iHackintosh's post with the link to his file on SendSpace. In that file he has an EFI string which when added to your boot.plist should activate your HD4000. Using an id of 01660009 yields a black screen on the laptop I am working on, using his id of 01660003 yields a normal working screen. Check it out!

with this string it's locked on apple logo,same result with string 2 or 4

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Banner</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1366x768x32</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>5e0000000100000001000000520000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I think I may have the answer for you guys!

Odd as it may seem, it might be the CPU itself.

Check out this thread at Intel. I am currently working with two engineers and their testing labs at the moment. It may be a micro-architecture, micro-code, or even a FAB error. I'm sending my processor right now to their testing lab in California for them to look at. Others have had this issue and its all explained on the link. Its also a good place to see me eat some crow because I was kinda called out in a PM and I was wrong. Live and learn - and apologize and fix.

Hope this helps some of you...

i'd like to refer people to my other thread. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=281475&hl=&fromsearch=1

we hacked the connector tables and did some tests, and in pretty much every case (except mine!) the reason is simply that the user has only tried the graphics enabler in chimera, and that only uses one particular platform type. the key to getting it working is choosing a platform id that has the rlevent port configure that your motherboard has its outputs on. in the case of people getting no internal display on some id and ONLY internal display on others, they need to hack an id connector table that contains both the ones displays get detected on.

not going to discredit the faulty CPU theory at all, but i suspect its less widespread that this hackintosh problem would lead you to beleive. in my case, i have my system running on windows 7 and 8 with no display driver issues at all.

anyways, hope my other thread helps someone.

Check out this thread http://www.insanelym...pic=280372&st=0 and look for iHackintosh's post with the link to his file on SendSpace. In that file he has an EFI string which when added to your boot.plist should activate your HD4000. Using an id of 01660008 yields a normal working screen on my Asus UX31A Zenbook (QE/CI enabled at 1920x1080x32 resolution). However, there is no normal output via external VGA. OpenCL is still not working either. Check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

Easy,

You need to insert under IGPU (renamed first all insatance of GFX0 or what you have for graphics card in your dsdt, into IGPU for MAC like (but not really needed))

the secret is this:

"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
				 Buffer (0x04)
				 {
					 0x04, 0x00, 0x01, 0x66
				 },

so, change the value (0x04, 0x00, 0x01, 0x66) with these possible:

0x01

0x02

0x03

0x04

0x05

0x08

0x09

0x0A

0x0B

try first with most probably 0x04 and 0x03

Complete code

if you Display resolution is under 1400x, insert this:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
	 {
	 Store (Package ()
			 {
				 "device-id",
				 Buffer (0x04)
				 {
					 0x66, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
				 },
				 "AAPL,ig-platform-id",
				 Buffer (0x04)
				 {
					 0x04, 0x00, 0x01, 0x66
				 },
				 "model",
				 Buffer (0x1E)
				 {
					 "Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile"
				 },
				 "hda-gfx",
				 Buffer (0x0A)
				 {
					 "onboard-1"
				 }
			 }, Local0)
		 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
		 Return (Local0)
	 }

or this if you Display resolution is over 1400x, this:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package ()
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x66, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
},
"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x04, 0x00, 0x01, 0x66
},
"model",
Buffer (0x1E)
{
"Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile"
},
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
},
"AAPL00,DualLink",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

With these you can set GraphicsEnabler=No in your o.c.b.p

bye

Nothing news?

Thank You

Mi sono accorto ora che eri Italiano, comunque basta inserire uno dei due esempi sotto il Device x la scheda video nel dsdt, e fare delle prove, ma se vuoi un consiglio compila nr 9 DSDT e mettili nella root, chiamandoli DSDT1.aml, DSDT2.aml, DSDT3.aml e così via........al boot scrivi così:

-v DSDT=/DSDT1.aml

quando trovi quello giusto, lo rinomini DSDT.aml e lo metti in Extra!!!

Ciao

Mi sono accorto ora che eri Italiano, comunque basta inserire uno dei due esempi sotto il Device x la scheda video nel dsdt, e fare delle prove, ma se vuoi un consiglio compila nr 9 DSDT e mettili nella root, chiamandoli DSDT1.aml, DSDT2.aml, DSDT3.aml e così via........al boot scrivi così:

-v DSDT=/DSDT1.aml

quando trovi quello giusto, lo rinomini DSDT.aml e lo metti in Extra!!!

Ciao

Grazie! tra l'altro abbiamo un hardware simile adesso faccio delle prove.L'unica EFI che mi da qe/ci e quella postata da zenlion la 2 solo che il boot è casuale 3 su 4 schermo nero.

Right!! removes the device properties from o.c.b.p. if injected in dsdt!

curiosity, your, is a low-power processor?

Giusto!!!!! elimina il device properties dal o.c.b.p se inietti nel dsdt!

curiosità il tuo è un processore a basso consumo?

Right!! removes the device properties from o.c.b.p. if injected in dsdt!

curiosity, your, is a low-power processor?

Giusto!!!!! elimina il device properties dal o.c.b.p se inietti nel dsdt!

curiosità il tuo è un processore a basso consumo?

Yes it's low-power cpu :wink2:

p.s ho provato con il dsdt ma non cambia nulla con nessun valore,lo stesso problema me lo da con hd4000platformid e numero sembra cambi qualcosa solo con le EFI :wallbash:

ok

https://rapidshare.com/files/523470693/Extra.rar

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Banner</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>HD4000PlatformId</key>

<string>4</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>