Various strange problems with graphics and storage.

1 post in this topic

Hello, I'm trying to get ML working properly on my hack, I was previously on 10.7.3. I have and AMD Radeon HD 6850 and have found it to be problematic just like everyone else; I used the method of deleting ATI6000 from S/L/E and booting with GraphicsEnabler=No to install and then I just installed the stock ATI6000 kext afterwards. Right now my main issue is that at the login screen I see nothing but gray linen. I can type in my password and press enter to login and it works fine, most of the time. Sometimes I'll start it up and the login screen will look normal. Also, I use MenuBarFilter and it's always flashing and glitching out now (this doesn't happen on my MBP).

As far as storage, my drives are not being recognized properly. First they were all shown as externals after installing the 3rd party sata kext, and finder was crashing whenever i would try to open an external drive. I repaired permissions, deleted the kext, reinstalled it, and repaired permissions again, rebooted, and now my drives are shown properly, but my DVD drives is shown as an external.

Has anyone else had issues liek this?

GA-z68xp-ud3, amd radeon 6850, i7 2600k

EDIT: Another problem just starting occurring... The dock crashes randomly and I'm getting crash reports from quicklook helper (forget the exact name) as well.