• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Stellair

Stellair

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
I have the same problem. Mountain Lion is installed on P35-DS4 bios F12 and when I choose to sleep it just do a shutdown. And also after a while to computer doesn't go into sleep. Just stays on... :?

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
you should try changing in system preferences -power saving - check automatic power on after power loss than alow sleep on power button and then put hard disks to sleep........ that makes sleep, uncheck enable wake for ethernet that makes sleep possible but problem is random freezing after wake up sometmes after few hours sometimes after minute or so.

I had same problem with lion but after some installations and deinstallations of chimera and chameleon problem disappears but now after instaling ml here we go again.

so close so far sleep for me is very important and it is working flawlessly only on sl

DeepInside

DeepInside

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hey can someone upload the install.zip again? It seems broken...

Charan Cherry Patnaik

Charan Cherry Patnaik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:computers !

Hi tsung, I just followed your guide on installing the Mountian Lion.
But I have a problem when attaching OS X Mountain Lion.
I moved the install folder on the desktop, I typed:

cd Desktop

Then I type:

sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/Boot/

After that I obtain the failure as shown in the following figure:
Posted Image

Did I miss something?

i do got the same error as you and also i got the dmg file.. have you got any solution for that?

ufulu

ufulu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Tseug: You are my Hero! Everything works OOB.

Merry X-Mas to all insanelymac-addicts!

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Many thanks as I said before for guides but...

still problems with sleep,

everything works great,even sleep and automatic sleep works but after a short while picture is frozen and sound stutters.Sometimes after first sleep sometimes after 5-6, sometimes on wake sometimes after a while, no messages only sound stutters or in best case you must restart blabla...

I had same problem with lion guide but it is solved with ####### apple rollback and alc889a/885 kext and apple rtc patch and lion works now perfectly. But with mountain lion no avail. I tried with dsdt I made , I tried again with all versions of #######, I changed kexts and in almost every combination everything works flawless until some time after sleep. Sleep is for me must have so please have anybody idea what to try next? Could it be related to video driver? maybe for 10.8.2 I need to make new kext for ati 5750 like for original mountain installation? This is the only thing I can imagine that could be culprit of this behavior.I made few clean installations saome by tseug guide some by ###### some mixed to no avail.

Anybody please?

dionnode

dionnode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Finaly I had installed Mountain Lion!!! But now I have no iCloud!!
When I login to my icloud accout I get this message: "This Apple ID is valid but not an iCloud account"
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi, It resolve if you have good smbios.plist
try install/create smbios.plist with "chameleon wizard" and choose "MacPro3,1" for example.
Hope this helps

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Ok I have managed to get stable system after third installation (I do not know why) after wake from sleep in 10.8. after that ,update to 10.8.1 and 10.8.2 goes smooth everything works flawlessly except I get again the same problem, after wake from sleep after some time i get KP but this time finally with message about AppleIntel CPU PowerManagment i put kext from 10.8 but no go same KP. What to do ?Maybe I should try kext from lion?

fukmondo

fukmondo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
well solved , i tried various versions off kext i do not know is appleacpiplatform.kext have something to do it, but looks like that it is something related to audio and dsdt. I have tseug autopatcher version , my version made it with ollarila maldon methods, but at las it works version from ###### dsdt bas for ga-p35-ds3R after that I naturally lost sound but after ##### 5.2.0 and realtek kext for systems without dstd I have audio Id 1 not 12 as before and sleep works endlessly automatically, by me wakes and works rock solid after 12 waking (knocking on wood). Life is good again. Hope that somebody helps.Rushing to make image and make at least 12 copies haha. 6 days of life for one update is it with it I do not know if I only could somehow put thunderbolt display on it uff.

Andrewvideo

Andrewvideo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 131 posts
Can we have a new link for installer as is a bad link its go to download a stupid iLividSetup installer.

Cheers

Andrewvideo

Andrewvideo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 131 posts
Do anyone having problems with iMessage? Unable to login

Everything else works great, Thank you.

Andrew

Lucacanon

Lucacanon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
i tried lots of combination of kext and flags...
i also install a vanilla version from a real mac on my hd, but
Chameleon boots
selecting the usb or hd system load kext and then... two things happens
1) system reboot continuously
2) i have i panic cpu

Any ideas?

MB Intel DQ965GF
CPU E6440 Intel core 2 duo 2.13GHz
Graphics Asus ATI radeon HD 5450
hd sata 0
DVD sata 3

thank you!

kushsolitary

kushsolitary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hello,

First of all thanks for the awesome script. But I have a problem, I am getting stuck at "DSMOS has arrived" when booting from USB.
I tried removing all graphic kexts and rebooting with -f but still same problem arises.

I have a Radeon 5650 Mobility and VAIO VPCEB46FG. This is pretty strange that I was able to install ML previously on the same machine few months ago with full QE/CI support and everything was working just fine. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks!

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
Hello.I have been able to activate sleep, at least the cold sleep, not the hibernate, still now at least.
The last prob remained are, I got the ethernet recognised as a bluetooth pan, then the most important I can't activate the second dispaly.
I got one display working on dvi but, if i attach the second one with the vga the system doesn't work, I mean the boot seems normal, but doesn't appear any login screen neither I can't see any graphic screen.
Do you have any ideas on what I can change to solve them?
thanks.

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
Upgrading to 10.8.3: 1. Upgrade, 2. Rerun finalize

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
There seem to be an issue with building a bootable USB with 10.8.3. At least with my graphics card (Radeon 6870) the boot stops with a white screen. I don't know of any way to solve this so make sure you don't have this issue before deleting your <10.8.3 "Install Mac OS X" app.

mcolinp

mcolinp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I thought many of you might be looking to put the newest Bootcamp drivers on your machines (Which now officially support Windows 8).

The current file can be downloaded here:

http://support.apple...1638��-��Though make sure you are getting the latest by doing a google search for Apple Bootcamp Support; open page: then find a link to "Downloads" to find the most recent.

After I had gotten these files I tried to load them onto a CD first; and found they did not fit. Then I tried loading them on a USB; and also found that they would not install.

The following quick guide will get you up and running:

1) Take the folder from the zip archive (currently; BootCamp5.0.5033), and place it and its sub folders & Files at the root of your "C: Drive". -Where the Program Files and System Folder are loacted.

2) Go to the Start Screen (the new Windows 8 feature with all the Tiles and app launchers); find the tile for the "Command Prompt": Right-Click on it.

3) At the bottom of the screen click on the icon that says "Run as Administrator"

4) After the Command Prompt Launches; type this in the command Window: C: -Hit Return-
then: cd BootCamp5.0.5033\BootCamp -Hit Return-
then: setup.exe -Hit Return-

This will launch the installer with the "elevated Priveledges" which it will tell you it needs in an error prompt using other methods which do not work.

The Updated Drivers bring the Apple Keyboard sound screen icons back to Windows 8; which were missing, even though the keyboard worked with the old drivers.

I Hope others find this useful.

My Post was a modified version of info I had found here: http://www.iphoting....based-Macs.html

But updated to reflect the changes in Windows 8 new "Start Screen" behavior, vs. the Start Menu of previous Windows releases. If the Drivers change in the future; just make sure you update the file/folder paths as you direct the Command Prompt to find the setup file.

-Another Note: You can delete the folder you placed at the root of your C: drive after installation is completed and successfull.

KelchElch

KelchElch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I succesfully installed Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion (each on an own WD Harddisk). Nearly everything works fine, but I do have 2 issues on Mountain Lion. 1. the system goes to sleep, but it doesn' t restart after pressing the power button. 2. It seems that Mountain Lion needs more time to start apps for the first time. Same when I open a folder or system preferences for the first time after booting the system (system preferences takes nearly 9 seconds). This happens only with Mountain Lion, not with Snow Leopard or Lion.

Any ideas?

Again thanks for the guide and the helpful postings.

FavleX

FavleX

FavleX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
I rerun finalize but I got this error:

Posted Image
picture sharing

Any suggestions?

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I rerun finalize but I got this error:

Posted Image
picture sharing

Any suggestions?

finalize was meant to run from the USB pen drive. If you want to run it directly you would need to "cd /Volumes/mLion/Users/ema/Desktop/install" first, but I still recommend running it from the USB drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy