iCloud not working using USB Dongle WiFi

raziiq

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Just updated to ML. Cannot sign in to iCloud. It says icloud cannot connect because of some problem with communication with icloud. I am using USB dongle for WiFi. AppStore is working fine, its just the iCloud and iMessages that are not working.

Suggestions??

How are you able to use AppStore? Your ethernet is working? Or do you use a wifi dongle because of non-compatible ethernet card?

(even if you are not using the ethernet port, I mean if you have a kext driver for your ethernet card, just that)...

Ethernet built-in flag on boot...plist?

Yes because of incompatible ethernet, i had to buy a WiFi USB dongle, that had proper kext for it in the CD that came with it. It worked fine with Snow Leopard, Lion and now with Mountain Lion.

Yes i do have Ethernet Built-in as Yes in plist file, but still cant access iMessages and iCloud

Check if your USB WIFI is en0 , it its en1 then that problem can happen.

Have you other (buildin LAN mainboard) enabled or only USB Wifi?

You can check en0/en1 in the systemprofiler network.

Bildschirmfoto 2012-07-31 um 13.25.10.jpg

Also it can happens that , even you only have USB Wifi active an old entry of other LAN device (perhaps already disconected!) can avoid you get en0 for the USB Wifi.

In this case remove all Lan devices out of the system settings network and reboot and add again your USB Wifi - at the only one.

Check if your USB WIFI is en0 , it its en1 then that problem can happen.

Have you other (buildin LAN mainboard) enabled or only USB Wifi?

You can check en0/en1 in the systemprofiler network.

post-110586-0-45565700-1343733954_thumb.jpg

Also it can happens that , even you only have USB Wifi active an old entry of other LAN device (perhaps already disconected!) can avoid you get en0 for the USB Wifi.

In this case remove all Lan devices out of the system settings network and reboot and add again your USB Wifi - at the only one.

Thanks for the suggestions. Problem solved partially, iCloud is working now but iMessages is still not working.

Actually i have a builtin atheros ethernet, which i dont use, and use only USB WiFi. The kext for ethernet was not installed, so i installed it, rebooted. Automatically my USB WiFi turned to eth0 and ethernet turned to eth1.

iMessages is still not working though. Suggestions??

Hello

I am using a wifi usb dongle too, everything works, make sure to have kexts for your ethernet and wifi, add your ethernet first in System Pref / Network, generate a Mac serial number with Champlist, and it should work...

• 3 weeks later...

1. Are you guys on 'hackitosh's', if so I had the same problem going from Lion to MountainLion.
  2. I tried all the advise around, then some idiot suggested you'd need the latest chameleon bootloader (2.2+)
  3. OK I thought bootloader & networked no connection there. Anyway I was pretty much a zombie willing to
  4. try any silly thing going... Bang! first time appStore & iCloud sign in no problems.
  5. I forget who posted the advise, but if your reading this THANKS...