4850 Gets Stuck Booting 10.8

BryanP

2 posts in this topic

This card worked fine for me in Lion and I had to mess around with kext files less than I did to get it working in Snow Leopard. However, it's not working in Mountain Lion and the only way I can boot is with GraphicsEnabler=No (booting into safe mode doesn't work).

Booting into verbose mode, startup hangs here: siocprotodetach_in6 utun1 error 6 (see attached image).

I don't see what this error should have to do with the graphics card, so I'm wondering if there is some conflict rather than something directly related to graphics. Currently I have installed 4 kexts related to the card: ATI4800Controller (modified with my device ID, 9442), ATIRadeonX2000, ATIFramebuffer and ATISupport. I have tried mixing and matching these to no avail. The Controller and RadeonX kexts are from the 10.8 Exotic patch and I repaired permissions, etc after installing. The text before the "siocprotodetach_in6 utun1 error 6" error is not always the same but it always hangs right there if I don't use GraphicsEnabler=No. Finally, I tried booting with the string "ATIConfig=Cardinal" which led to the same error.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

post-22198-0-59036500-1343501326_thumb.jpeg

I got rid of the

s

iocprotodetach error by deleting a Cisco Anyconnect VPN program.

Then I got rid of the utun_ctl_connect error by disabling Back to My Mac in the iCloud settings.

Now I am hanging on these two lines:

Sandbox: sandboxd(106) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd

considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.driver.AppleHWSensor triggered rebuild

I don't know what is going on with the above post, I'm sorry for the editing, but every time I try to make it look better it adds lines and becomes worse.