Dell Bios, AHCI/RAID, SSD

86 posts in this topic

Thanks

ATI Radeon 3600 PCI-E as supplied by Dell 530 on the 33/35 chipset . I have managed to get Dell (1650x1050)display better but still not optimal. BIOS is set to ATA (not AHCI equivelent Dell RAID) as difficult to get the installer to see internal hard disk.

Using Chameleon Wizard (CW) (left PCIRootUID at default 0 )

1. Just Setting the display box to more than 1078x 800 e.g. 1650x1080 has no effect.

2. Changing to use the ATI option in CW and choosing Megalodon ( as I had seen this at.ched up in ATI.c on OSX86 site) if I set to 1650x1080 then it does get better but only to the c1400x 800. Is it feasible to get the full 1650x1080 that Windows used on same system.

I have same card on Dell 435 MT x58 chipset and only just OSX installed and am having to use PCIRootUID=1 to get it to boot to hard drive

Do you think you can post all the files you added or modified?

I was able to get Moutain Lion installed and running. Have the kext in the EXTRA folders. Running veriosn 10.8 of the BIOS.

I am having problems shutting down and rebooting. I tried some stuff here and still have the same issue.

My /E/E

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

Intel82566MM.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

fakesmc.kext

My Extra

dsdt.aml

dsdt.dsl

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

smbios.plist

The dsdt.aml files are ones I downloaded from you.

I also patched the APpleRTC.kext file. Not sure what else I am missing to fix the shutdown/restart.

Also does your sound work perfectly? Mine cracks and sometimes stops working.

Thanks.

Hello everybody!

it's a long time i didn't post here(sorry) but if somebody is interested i managed to install Mountain Lion 10.8.3 vanilla with everything working even shutdown/restart!!!

don't hesitate to ask!

Hello everybody!

it's a long time i didn't post here(sorry) but if somebody is interested i managed to install Mountain Lion 10.8.3 vanilla with everything working even shutdown/restart!!!

don't hesitate to ask!

Are you running Dell 530 ? I have got 10.8.2 installed (with myHack and now running again after 10.8.2 upgrade broke it) what I am stuck with is the shutdown issue , occasionally works but seems to usually "reboot" and have to be deposed with the button. Did you use a DSDT - tried one earlier in this thread but that seemed to brake it but was 10.8.2. Could you confirm a dell 530 and post any DSDT, APCI power mangeent kexts you are using and any extras in your E/E. or what you did to get shutdown working.

Thanks

Are you running Dell 530 ? I have got 10.8.2 installed (with myHack and now running again after 10.8.2 upgrade broke it) what I am stuck with is the shutdown issue , occasionally works but seems to usually "reboot" and have to be deposed with the button. Did you use a DSDT - tried one earlier in this thread but that seemed to brake it but was 10.8.2. Could you confirm a dell 530 and post any DSDT, APCI power mangeent kexts you are using and any extras in your E/E. or what you did to get shutdown working.

Thanks

Hello,

yes i confirm i use a dell D530 but i have to tell you i changed the graphic card!! i use actually a nvidia GTX285 and i don't use a DSDT, in fact i never used one!

and i have made a USB key with 10.8.3 with myhack because i didn't manage to update 10.8.2 to 10.8.3.

i had the same trouble with shutdown because in fact it restarted everytime but i used ##### to install "evoreboot", maybe it's not necessary but il have done that and changed in the bios(very important) "Wake on lan" on OFF or NO!

told me if it helped!

thanks in advance.

Thanks will try looking for evoreboot, this forum seems to have removed your link in the post to solution as refers to the tonyxxxsite , which seems petty to me. You could attach to past as file. If you can repost with perhaps a shortened bit.ly or google shortened link that would be helpful otherwise sure can find it on Google. Your tip about the wake on LAN setting in BIOS is helpful and not something I had seen and may be reason why solutions have not worked before. I also changed to NVidia 210 card so not dissimilar. Was going to try upgrade from 10.8.2 to 3 but had so much trouble with the .0 to .2 and hearing of your issues may just give it a miss.

Thanks will try looking for evoreboot, this forum seems to have removed your link in the post to solution as refers to the tonyxxxsite , which seems petty to me. You could attach to past as file. If you can repost with perhaps a shortened bit.ly or google shortened link that would be helpful otherwise sure can find it on Google. Your tip about the wake on LAN setting in BIOS is helpful and not something I had seen and may be reason why solutions have not worked before. I also changed to NVidia 210 card so not dissimilar. Was going to try upgrade from 10.8.2 to 3 but had so much trouble with the .0 to .2 and hearing of your issues may just give it a miss.

Yes nvidia 210 works well because i have one too, i though it was because of my gtx it didn't work and i had to boot with PCIROOTUID to solve the problem.

the only thing i have to solve it's the update i really don't understand why it doesn't work.

Sharky

Thanks. Turning off the Wake on LAN (did both in BIOS and OSX but not sure if both needed are needed) solved shutdown problem without EvOrboot - not sure if that fix is now built into Chameleon anyway.

LatinG I note your comment , it is always unwise to assume that just because somebody makes a comment you disagree with that they are ill informed. Even as new to hackintosh community in last 4 weeks I had read the link before my comment; the view may be reasonable and cannot comment as not heard both sides of argument but action to make life more difficult for third parties does seem to a neutral fit the adjective.

Your suggestion of rolling back the power management kext was something Inhad already tried and did not work. Sharkey s comment about WoL was the answer and not something I had seen suggested anywhere else.

Thanks Gogas :)

i try to help when i am sure i can, and it's so cool to use Mountain Lion i can't return back to windows (even on my tablet, windows 8, i does'nt use a lot!).

Sorry for my English, i am from Brittany :) (France)

i didnt say to roll back power management kext .. acpi platform isnt it.

i have suggested Wake on Lan off .. 3 yrs ago in 10.5.8 days

at tonyscmuckX69 they ban people for no good reasons.