Nvidia CUDA 5.0.17

ErmaC

7 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrading to Cuda 5.0.17 has given me a great performance boost with my GTX560ti-448core card. Since the earliest Mountain Lion betas my graphics card had performed like a complete dog, much to my disgust. So for my own ego, and hopefully the assistance of other members with similar GPU, I'm posting my Unigine results.

post-150922-0-73266600-1345309425_thumb.jpg

Cuda 5.0.17 (all CUDA) have nothing to do with OpenGL Speed!

Its only used by Apps that really uses CUDA (like OpenCL) for gpu computing.

Unique Engine Benchmark not using any CUDA code - only uses OpenGL drivers which are complete independent from CUDA drivers - so fps diff isnt made by CUDA.

• Like 1

OK my bad. Apologies if not relevant to this thread. Let me put this another way:-

after installing the new Cuda driver, my Heaven3 score went from round 730 to round 1500, my openGL scores from 700's to 5000's, and my CudaZ test from "no cuda", to ok scores - all for the first time since upgrading from ML DP1 to DP2, and on thru ML (release).

I now no longer have time waiting for screen refreshes between Civ V moves to go make coffee.

Sure, CUDAz works after installung CUDA drivers. Its normal that without CUDA drivers CUDAz cant work.

The OpenGL speed diffs may happen by problems with AGPM (card runs only 1/2 - 1/3 speed of GPU) or other things like that.

Its really true that CUDA cant change any OpenGL driver speed / problems because its usage is only for CUDA apps and its complete "invisible" for other apps / OpenGL when they dont use any CUDA code.