- Replaced kernel with 10.7.4 AMD kernel: http://www.osx86.net...for_10.7.4.html
- Replaced IOPCIFamily with this to solve "[ PCI Configuration Begin ]" hang: netkas.org » Awesome
When booting, I use the following flags (and sometimes variants of it):
mach_kernel -legacy -v arch=i386 npci=0x3000The reason for the mach_kernel is that I don't currently have the bootloader on the disk working, so I'm using a boot CD.
My problem right now is that when I boot, it gets stuck on the infamous "Still waiting for root device". My BIOS doesn't have any IDE mode options, or any SATA options where I can select AHCI. I've attached a picture of the screen when the boot fails.
Here are my system's specifications:
- Model: Dell Inspiron 531
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (Dual-core/SSE3)
- Motherboard: Asus/Dell M2N61-AX with nForce chipset
- ATA Controller: nForce MCP61 (03F6:10DE)
- Audio: nVidia HD Audio (0014:10DE)
- Network: nForce Ethernet (03EF:10DE)
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce GT 430 (0DE1:10DE)
- BIOS Version: Phoenix AwardBIOS 1.0.13 (Dell)
- Distribution: iATKOS L2 (10.7.2)