OS X Mountain Lion Retail released

RN95

44 posts in this topic

Notification Center always worked without a problem... now... ML released, I didn't do anything with my GM, and Notification center not working anymore... no notification for anything. Is anyone else having this?

I heard that the 10.8 retail build in the mac app store is the same as the GM build(which is also 12A269).

Are there any difference between the GM build and the app store build?

Thank you very much!

Edited by fantomas1
no need to create another topic just to know if the GM and Retail are the same version.

In fact, downloading the Official ML release from the app store, today, shows that it is the GM (see below):

GMML.png

Sweet!. Mine looks like this:

Capturadepantalla2012-07-25alas144632.jpg

Perhaps there is no difference after all... got same SH1 hash: e5dd2bf5560033cade7dd7d7da5ceec49f701b0e

• Like 1

Paid the $20 because I like to support the company for their awesome OS.

Also, am I the only one loving the whole iCloud love in the iWork suite? Like the fact I can work on stuff from my iPad then just transition over and see them on the Hac.

• Like 1

Installed it on my Hack, did a clean install by installing it onto the HDD from a MBP, installed Chameleon and my extra folder, everything seems to work but I am seeing some graphics glitches time to time, the 5870 was solid in Leopard, Snow, Lion but in ML its not as solid.

Other then that, all good.

On an hackintosh i would always use an other partition (or external drive, also USB 16 GB is OK) to install new OS X versions. You may need working OS X version to do some changes if ML doesnt boot etc.

the retail is the same with gm version.

but where are the language .pkg files in retail version.

usually when its final version, there are .pkg files for languages.

in Lion GM, there are no language .pkg files in packages folder.

but when lion is released, there are .pkg files in packages folder.

On an hackintosh i would always use an other partition (or external drive, also USB 16 GB is OK) to install new OS X versions. You may need working OS X version to do some changes if ML doesnt boot etc.

Thanks, I'll try to do that.

AppStore does not recognize my copy of Mountail Lion which I bought!

When I open the Appstore, it should be written "installed" on the icon of Mountail Lion or? Please, help me guys ! Thanks !

Install went great but if i leave my pc on for a bit and when i come back to it i get some graphics glitches screen broke up and stuff like that. My card is asus gtx 550ti and z77-ds3h :). I turned of screensaver and graphics glitches have gone woke up this morning screen was great and pc had been on all night.

Keep in mind that multiple installations of osx on multiple drives / partitions will prevent to

Update / install apps. The app / updater "sees" what you already have installed and will disable the install option.

Just unmount (temporary) the other osx drive.

• Like 2

Keep in mind that multiple installations of osx on multiple drives / partitions will prevent to

Update / install apps. The app / updater "sees" what you already have installed and will disable the install option.

Just unmount (temporary) the other osx drive.

Thank you that worked! I thought I lost access to them. :thumbsup_anim:

Can somebody check /System/Library/Spelling/ folder in the retail ML? I have only pl_PL.aff and pl_PL.dic files in there.

But english(and other language) spelling check works fine.