No Sound for ACL887

blueyedsamurai

23 posts in this topic

Firstly, delete all audio injectors (HDAEnabler.kext, VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext, ALC8xx.kext, ALC8xxHDA.kext, etc..). Create a folder in the root of your Partition (where you have installed Lion) called "Extra" (without quotes). Now, insert DSDT.aml in Extra Folder and run You-Know-What and install AppleHDA for ALC887 for DSDT users.

Cheers!

ok so I've deleted those kexts, should i delete these also? appleUSBAudio.kext, audioAUUC.kext AudioIPCDriver.kext applefwaudio.kext , ioAudio2family.kext , AppleAVBAudio.kext , AppleFWAudio.kext

There is already an Extra Folder in the root of lion that has a dsdt.aml in it as well as org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist.

Should i delete this dsdt file and replace with yours?

replaced the dsdt with that one and dragged those kexts in the extension folder, restarted and got nothing. Tried using mbeast with user dsdt and selecting voodoo but no luck, Im also getting an itunes error upon boot after

using that.

Pretty confused now, have no idea what kexts ive installed. might have to reinstall but then not sure if that will do anything