Almost there! Issue with GTX 580 and sound.

metroknight

1 post in this topic

Alright, new to the boards and a noob to the real meat and potatoes of Hackintosh-ing. I have been trying to build a hackintosh for months now between the time I am actually home. (IT Field Engineer)

After MUCH trial and error, and countless hours, I have finally found iAtkos L2 and this has worked great for me so far. Quickest install time AND gives me a great boot screen to pick between my hackintosh and my Win 7 gaming platform.

So... I got it installed, little to no issue. Boots up fine on it's own. Updated to 10.7.4 just fine. Network is great. No kernel crashes so far.

I only have 2 pieces of the puzzle left (as far as I know) so I can move on.

My EVGA GTX 580 isn't being recognized and I have no sound. I am limited to one size screen resolution, which sucks on my 30" Apple cinema. I have tried a few kexts and used a program to import them in. No clue if I even did that right. I'm an IT pro..... but I can honestly say this is very foreign to me.

My Setup:

EVGA X58 E759 Classified LE mobo.

Core i7 920 D0 overclocked to 4.2GHz

8gb DDR3 PC2000

EVGA GTX 580 3GB

I want to be able to use the full benefits of the card in OS X, but it will never be for gaming like the Win side will be.

Plus of course I'll need sound.

Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated. I'M SO CLOSE!!