Mac OS X Lion On HP Pavilion dv5-1133ca

Francis Forget

16 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have an HP Pavilion dv5-1133ca and i wan't to install Mac OS X Lion on it. I downloaded iATKOS L2 wich is Lion but impossible to install it. I can't even reach the language panel. It freeze on the Apple Logo and a gray sign appear on top of the Apple logo. I'll give you my computer specs : Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 (2.0GHz), 320 Gb Hard Drive, Intel WiFi Link 5100 (Wich I know won't work), nVidia GeForce 9200M GS with 256MB DDR2, 4Gb RAM. I you have this computer or you know how to install Mac OS X on it please help me to do it.

Thanks a lot.

Hey ! I follow the tutorial and it work find. I don't have graphics acceleration and it says that I have a Mac Pro. My CD/DVD, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Graphics Card, Audio won't work properly. I'm not sure what to do, I tried to install the ''Extra'' Packages like in the tutorial but it failed and I needed to reinstall everything. I was also wondering if it was possible to install another boot loader, just cause it's not that nice to see full text every time the computer boot. Ive done another video. Thanks a Lot !

Heyy ! I finally installed Mac OS X (10.7.2) with iATKOS, Graphics card, Ethernet, Bluetooth, TrackPad, Keyboard, Battery, USB Works Perfectly. Now, I wan,t to know if it's possible to make my CD/DVD Drive Works. It would be nice. to make everything to work i used ######, Can i select something to make my DVD Drive to work ?

Thanks

Sorry for the late response.

Maybe your CD/DVD Drive can works, but i need your DSDT. So, download DSDTSE, and click on Extract DSDT, then save it by clicking File>Save .dsl and save it where you want. Then compress the .dsl and attach it here.

Cheers

Hi ! Seriously Thank You for helping me and to give me such incredible detail on how to do it. Here's the DSDT you asked! I hope you can help me with that ! I hope to have quick reply and fix this quick :P ! And another demand, I installed VoodooHDA and my sound is working but, when I put it to off, it's still making sound, the loudest sound it can make. I can hear the bip when it put it up or down but the volume level never change. But let's start by fixing my DVD Drive :D

Thanks a thousand time !

Thanks

DSDT.zip

To fixing audio, open VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist and change:

From false

<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
  <false/>

To true!

<key>VoodooHDAEnableMuteFix</key>
  <true/>

Ok, DSDT patched!

0 errors, 0 remarks, 1 warning, 39 optimizations

With this DSDT, Brightness, Sleep and other things (maybe CD/DVD Drive) should work.

Copy DSDT.aml in the folder /Extra (in the root), then, reboot and cross your fingers :P

DSDT_DV5_1133ca.zip

Hey, I put the DSDT Into my Extra folder, I reboot and, No more Audio, Still no Sleep Mode, Still no DVD Drive :( I'm sorry to says that but, It didn't fix anything, I'll try delete it and see If it's save my Audio or if it's just the .kext that mess it up. Maybe you have another solution, Or maybe de DSDT have something I don't know :(

Thanks a lot !