iMovie Won't Let Me Click On The Window

Harvey

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have recently installed iMovie and i have noticed when i try to connect my camera it just shows a blue screen saying camera connected, then if i turn my computer off it just freezes and i can't click on anything on the iMovie screen but i can click on the menu bar. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also it runs very, very slow.

Thanks Harvey

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem when using an ATI X600XT (w Callisto for QE/CI) but it all went away after I switched to a working X1600 instead. (Well it also crashed for me)

I can see two differences here. First, there are different drivers used for the X600 (including third party un-finished drivers) and second I had to use older drivers and (OpenGL) frameworks with the X600 whereas the X1600 uses the drivers/frameworks from my current OS X version.

Maybe there is a problem with QE/CI not being fully OK with Callisto or there is a problem when using drivers that are of a different version than the rest of the system??

Probably not the input you were looking for I guess.

I had the same problem when using an ATI X600XT (w Callisto for QE/CI) but it all went away after I switched to a working X1600 instead. (Well it also crashed for me)

I can see two differences here. First, there are different drivers used for the X600 (including third party un-finished drivers) and second I had to use older drivers and (OpenGL) frameworks with the X600 whereas the X1600 uses the drivers/frameworks from my current OS X version.

Maybe there is a problem with QE/CI not being fully OK with Callisto or there is a problem when using drivers that are of a different version than the rest of the system??

Probably not the input you were looking for I guess.

This was very helpful to me. I am having the same problem, with iMovie, and also iDvd, Pages, and KeyNote, my graphics card is unsupported, but I have an X1600 coming in the mail soon, I'll let you know if it works out, thanks!!