Installing and Dual booting Mountain Lion with Win 7 in a Desktop PC?

iamtired

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

As my username says I really am tired. Never seen a 'quiz' thing in any forum site in my life!! I was trying to find a Hackintosh forum for last one week and finally one of my friend referred me in this forum and asked me to take the Red pill! I did, but that 2nd stage quiz thing stuck me for so long. Anyway, somehow passed the first stage and now I wanna ask some things.

It is that I have a Desktop PC (a Non-Apple PC), dual booted atm wiht Windows XP x86 and Windows 7 x64. Now I am fade up with the Win XP and wanna install Mac, the latest version, i.e Mountain Lion. I have borrowed a retail DVD of it from my friend but before installing I have some questions. They are

1- Can I just install ML with the Retail DVD I have? Is it a bootable DVD?

2- I have to keep my Windows 7 x64 installation by any means, is that possible? I mean will I have to install Win 7 x64 again after installing ML?

3- I have XP in /C partition and 7 x64 in /D partition, will that create a problem?

4- After installing ML will I see the choice of both OS? (I mean now I see Win XP and Win 7, will that be Mac and Win 7?) or I need EasyBCD to achieve that?

5- Is the installation procedure same as installing a Windows 7 OS or different? For latter case please redirect me to a topic which states the procedure in noobs way :P

This is my PC spec:

• Intel i7 950

• Asus Sabertooth X58 Mainboard

• Corsair 8 GB RAM

• Asus GTX560 Ti GPU

• Corsair 650TX PSU

• Seagate 500GB HDD

Thanks in advance.

Saurav.

There's no such thing as a retail DVD of Mountain Lion, Or Lion for that matter, but especially not for Mountain Lion as it has not been released yet and is only available to developers. It will probably be released sometime around 11:59PM Pacific daylight time, next Tuesday the 31st of July :) The last version of OSX to be released on a retail DVD was Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and that was over 2 years ago. Your hardware will support running any version of OSX, but have no idea what your trying to use to install it with so can't answer any of your other questions at the moment.

Oops! My friend said he has the latest Mac, damn, I thought it was Mountain Lion.

And say I wanna install Snow Leopard, how do I do that? Will the same procedure be applied for upcoming Mountain Lion too?

I thought my queries were pretty straight forward!