HDMI on 5770/6770 dead after sleep

mathis

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

I am running a 3-port (DVI, HDMI, VGA) ATi 6770 card which is flashed to a 5770 in order to run on Lion. Two displays are connected to the DVI and the HDMI port. All is working great up to the point where I put the machine to sleep. After waking up there is no signal coming out of the HDMI port. System Information still shows the monitor and there still are windows on that desktop but the display stays dead. What I tried already is setting the AtiPorts key to 3 in boot.plist.

Edit: Even after unplugging (gets detected, only one display attached) and replugging (gets detected again) the output on the port is just black

Any help/ideas/tips are greatly appreciated. If you need any files (dsdt etc) just say so. The machine is a Gigabyte g41mt-d3v mainboard, core2duo processor and a 1Gb ATi 6770(5770) graphics card.

Thanks!

Big fat bump on this one! I'm having a similar problem with my MSI R5770. I only have one monitor on displayoport and it stops working after waking from sleep, although plugging in the DVI cable enables it to work again.

Does anyone with a reference layout 5770 have this problem? If so, it could just be a 10.8 glitch.

• 2 months later...

I had a similar issue with my new i7-3770 and ATI HD 5770. Sleep was OK but at wake up screen stays black.

I've finally found the solution : In order for OSX to control perfectly the graphics card (and not the internal HD4000), I needed to set PciRoot=1 on /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

May be that could help you guys