Mountain Lion DVD install? Is it possible?

7 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem with my BIOS after an update and my USB drives won't boot after all. I'm not having any issues with Lion because I'm able to install it with iAtkos L2 install DVD.

Can anybody please tell me if it's possible to install OS X Mountain Lion using an installation DVD?

I'm having a problem with my BIOS after an update and my USB drives won't boot after all. I'm not having any issues with Lion because I'm able to install it with iAtkos L2 install DVD.

Can anybody please tell me if it's possible to install OS X Mountain Lion using an installation DVD?

Why don't you just make an installer partition on a hard drive and boot from that?

Or maybe you could make a USB installer and then restore an image of it to a DVD. I have no idea if that will work.

It is no problem at all to make an ISO yourself. Just create a bootable USB installation drive, make sure it really boots, and then convert it into a DVD ISO using one of the usual scripts that have been created for this purpose (works exactly the same as before).