Lion 10.7.4 & MLion 10.8 All working on P8Z77-V Pro.

charliebounce

3 posts in this topic

I've managed to migrate from a P8P67 Pro System to a P8Z77-V Pro system without any major issues. I had Both Lion & Mountain Lion working perfectly before. I installed the "MacBookProMid2012SoftwareUpd1.0.dmg" update prior to making the transition. I then patched "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" to allow for speedstep capability on the new motherboard. I then shutdown my Hackintosh & swapped the "P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 + i5 2500k" for my new system "P8Z77-V Pro + i5 3570k". I then reinstalled Windows 7 & MacDrive in order to access my Mac boot drive and change the DSDT to a new one, created in windows with the necessary patches. I then altered the Bios to disable UEFI in the boot menu in particular & also change other settings to what I had in the old P8P67.

Everything is working well; Sound, Internet, Graphics, Sleep, Auto-Sleep, Ethernet, SteedStep (5 states),but no USB 3.0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@charliebounce, Would you mind sharing your DSDT. Also, what issues are you having with USB3. I was under the impression that the Intel USB3 would work natively in Mountain Lion.

Here is my DSDT(attachment). USB 3.0 shows up in the System Profiler as "Super Speed Bus" but I have not been able to get USB 3.0 speeds yet.

DSDT.aml.zip