[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

I re-started choosing MBR instead of Guid as partition table of my USB stick, now it is recognised and chameleon starts.

Next problem:

This white-pixeled screen is what i get instead of the main window. Note that there's no kernel panic (i'm booting with cpus=1 busratio=20 -v -x, already tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes / No PCIroot=0 / 1 )

it also gradually changes colour and the fan start to push quite hard

edit: solved deleting all of the AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* kexts (might this be helpful to anybody)

post-1066414-0-17117000-1347835715_thumb.jpg

That makes sense, it's an airport card. It will not work with wireless cards that aren't recognized as "Airport".

Sorry, I was a little too fast on the trigger there.

Hi,

about the problem iCloud, AppStore etc., it is clear that the Ethernet driver must be loading.

We users with HP laptops, we usually have another problem:

we need a modified mach_kernel to fix Lapic issue, and we noticed that the first time, for access on Apple Services, we have to use the original kernel (using cpus=1 flag), and then, when everything is working, then...changing the kernel!

I'm going to create installers for DV6-7 6000 and 7000 series (Ivy + Sandy), and I thought about doing this in PackageMaker:

Hidden choise for Ethernet kext:

- Choise for installing Ln2Mac s RealtekRTL81xx' kext

- running a postinstall script to delete com.apple.airport.preferences.plist and networkinterfaces.plist and com.apple.boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration.

.......all this having already replaced the modified kernel with the installer.

...hope all be fully functional after the first reboot!

Do you think this is enough, or know more tricks about kernel issue for Apple online Services?

Thanks in advance

Micky

It won't partition even though it says it will but it will format it for a MAC

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood ....

you want to turn your MBR disk to GUID partition table, booting from Windows, which is inside the same disk?

You can transform easy other disk, but you have to format the entire disk before! correct me if I'm wrong.

It is easier if you use your OSX Installation disk or (USB stick, if have) using Disk Utility?

Or simply, you can patch the installation, to install on MBR (google),...no?

Well here is the dilema In my MacOSX disk utility when I try to partition during the process I get a power down machine message and it never completes the partition which is why I thought if I partition it using Windows for the specs in this guide I can have that part done correctly.

Hello. I've tried several different ways of setting up my USB stick, but every time I boot into it I get a black screen that says "Operating System not found" I set the stick up following this guide, and I'm confused as to how this could of happened. Do you know how I could fix this?

Hello. I've tried several different ways of setting up my USB stick, but every time I boot into it I get a black screen that says "Operating System not found" I set the stick up following this guide, and I'm confused as to how this could of happened. Do you know how I could fix this?

This is a bios message from your PC!!! Not OSx warning!

you have set your bios to find the usb stick?

... no bootloader installed into it?

Write your Hardware in signature, please

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've added my info to my signature, I do have my bios set up to run from the usb stick. I've followed the guide, so I don't know how I wouldn't have a bootloader on there. Like I said, I'm lost haha

Chameleon bootloader is not included in OSX!

Chameleon-2.1svn-r2064.pkg.zip

You need to install him, pointing to your USB stick

........assuming that the rest is ok! :)

Try opening Computer management in windows, navigate to disk management and see if the drive is present. Explorer won't recognise it since its OS X formatted.

If windows can't see it at all then start again, at the formatting part ensure your formatting the whole drive not just erasing a partition and this time use MBR instead of guid.

If you've installed chameleon to the USB (make sure you select your USB as the destination when installing it) you shouldn't see the OS not found error unless your BIOS has decided it doesn't like the usb

Do you mean you want to install Mountain Lion onto the same disk that the installer is on? If so, you can make 2 partitions, one for the installer, and the second one to install osx onto.

If you want you can replace the thumb drive and create two partitions on your hard drive instead. Just make a partition the same size as the recommended size for the thumbdrive in this guide and one more for your ML install. Then just follow this guide and you're good to go. The benefit of this is you will always have the "thumb drive" partition present if things go wrong and you need to re install. You can even create a folder on the "thumb drive" partition for your special kexts and apps (like kext utility etc etc) you need for your personal hardware. If things go wrong and you did it like this you can be up running in no time again since installing from an internal hard drive beats installing from USB thumbdrive big time.

When i follow the point 3.A.2 the installer don't start and it blocks on loading with the apple...i tried verbose boot and the last string is about bluetooth and say that the test IOBluetooth was completed... Any solutions please?

Hi,

I've tried this method but without success. In verbose mode last thing I see is "Legacy USB Off done" the screen goes black and computer resets.

Same computer runs 10.7.5 in full 64 bit mode without a glitch. Different boot flags make no difference. I've copied DSDT and SMBIOS from this working machine.

[ EDITED ] Iv'e found the solution. More details here