[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

Well, installation finished, and everything seems to go fine. However, I arrived to another show-stopper: How do I install the "Java 6 SE" ? It seems both the DSDT editor and the system info tools need Java, but I did a direct install of 10.8.4 and it seems to come without Java.

I've no Ethernet nor WIFI (I need the DSDT editor for fixing that, but I cannot run the DSDT editor without Java, so I'm lost in a loop... )

How do I get "Java 6 SE" in Mountain Lion without an Internet connection? Can I download an installer from other machine? (if affirmative, please address me to an Apple _official_ download)

Try to download the package from here: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39490/apple-java

Thanks a lot. It worked. I've my system most functional now. Removed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and didn't get a kernel panic. However, still no Bluetooth, and no Internet (neither ethernet nor wifi). I'm not sure how the DSDT editor and the System Info app work, since I don't see a listing of what's not working (or better yet, I've no idea if the list I get is from stuff that works or doesn't work)... I hope there's a more detailed tutorial about how to use these tools.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first of all thanks for the awsome guide. I was going to dual boot win7 and ML on the same HDD and by following this guide, it was a success. first partitioned with apple Disk Utility, then installed win 7 as usual. Then installed ML and finally saw the green Tick. When rebooted, i slected the usb and went to terminal and typed the codes u've shown, but noting happened, the Terminal just flashed. The thing is that, i cant boot to Mac os x from HDD. I am able to get to the while screen with apple logo and a spinning wheel, and thats all, its stays like that for hours. i've botted with typing commands and all but no luck. Can u please Help me..? Thanks.

Extra info :- 1 TB HDD, Mode-MBR(modifed osx installer to install on MBR), 4 partitions, partition one is Mac OSX Extended Journaled, the rest three are NTFS. Insalled windows on 2 Partition and OSX on 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I follow the guide and successfully installed ML. Everything is working but one minor nagging issue. My ML will not restart. Startup and shut down very fast. 

I used the DSDT (by Fabio) specifically for my MB Asus P6T deluxe V2, i7920 Bios V-0901.  Any suggestion how to fix restart?

One thing I want to share with you. I could not find NullCPUManagement kext in S/L/E. Strange really. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help,

I have patched the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Now i got a black sreen what should i do.

Please tell me.....

my system Config :

INTEL DH77KC

I7 3770 Proccessor

Zotak gt630 4GB Graphic Card

Seagate 2TB Hard disk

Zion 8GBx2 Ram

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all (sorry for my poor english),

My config :

Intel Core i7 2600K

ASUS P8H61 R2

4 Gb DDR3

GeForce GTX 660

SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256 Gb

I found this guide for moutain lion install well documented and I've followed every steps for creating the USB Installer.

Everything seems to bo ok but when I boot on the USB I've a kernel panic after several minut of grey screen.

I used the -v flag to boot in verbose mode and after system halt the line is :

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::Start - waitforService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

IOBluetoothControler - start

• 2 weeks later...

I am having some issue booting to the usb installer.

Attached is a snapshot of where the installer is getting stuck.

For your convenience, the last few lines read:

**AppleSMBusPCI ::start failed to get acpi path for provider

Previous Shutdown Cause: 3

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(ApplIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

DSMOS has arrived

[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

I am trying to install Mac OSX 10.8 ML.

I am running an Asus u35jc laptop which includes:

Intel® Core™ i3 370M 2.4 GHz

Intel® HM55 Express Chipset

The system info said most of my hardware was supported

For the premade smbios I chose a MacBook Pro (8,1) - Core i5/i7 (Sandy)

I followed each step of the guide. I consider myself an advanced computer user so I do not think I am making any dopey mistakes.  

Do the errors mentioned above (and in attached) suggest I did something wrong during the setup? My hardware not supported? or perhaps a bios setting is out of whack?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Mike

hello

u should use smbios mbp6,1

u don't have a sandy cpu

delete all appleintelhd*.*

-f -v graphicsEnabler=No

and read this to after install

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

good hack

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have deleted the appleintelhd* from extensions. It appears that the smbios isn't actually saving from the chameleon wizard.. I hit edit->select the proper premade-> save as and when I save it I do not see the file. Even running an "ls -a" I don't see it. I've tried saving to my desktop and it still doesn't show up. Has anyone experienced this?

Either way I tried booting again with the flags you suggested and now I get "Still waiting for root device"  in the verbose output.

I either need someone's smbios file or help getting mine to save. 

EDIT: I played around with more settings. The I Opened the Chameleon package and copied the SMbios manually (though I do not know if the format stayed proper). I was able to boot into the installer but now my mouse and presumably keyboard do not work :(

EDIT2: Plugged in an external mouse and hit next. I get the error "Mac OS X can't be installed on this Computer"

EDIT3: Finally It is installing - I still have no keyboard or mouse functionality. I will update if I can get them to work after installation is completed

Thanks,

Mike

hello

that error is from smbios... u don't have a proper smbios

u can use also macbookpro6,2

must be in /Extra

insert also in boot

USBBusFix=Yes

have u install in voodoops2 for the mouse and keyboard ?

good hack

hello

that error is from smbios... u don't have a proper smbios

u can use also macbookpro6,2

must be in /Extra

insert also in boot

USBBusFix=Yes

have u install in voodoops2 for the mouse and keyboard ?

good hack

I finally got it to boot using smbios 6,1 

USBBusFix=Yes doesn't fix anything. I am in the OS with usb keyboard and mouse plugged in and working (but not trackpad/kb). I will look into this voodoops2