[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

Mountain Lion Vanilla OS X Chameleon DSDT Beginner Guide How-to Yosemite 10.10

• Please log in to reply
903 replies to this topic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I would To greatly thank the autour or this guide.
I'm really newbie in this kind or stuff and i managed To setting up this system :
- ga-z97x-ud5h (bios f7)
- i7 4790 K
- 32 gb cucial tactical sport
- evga 980ti
- 850 pro Samsung 250 go
- black magic mini mini for

I would want To report an issue i encountered. I was not able To install chameleon on the fresh install of os x yosemite. Perhaps something I made wrong. So i used the install chameleon .dmg found here :
[NEW]_USB Installer_OS X Yosemite Chameleon_r2679 v10.

Conséquence is step 3 was not effective. Not a problem for nullcpumanagement with my configuration and smc was easily edited with chameleon.
I also didn't manage To use dsdt editor.
Meanwhile, the system seems To work very well. The only issue i got, exception of imessage i don't use, is the sound. I managed to see the hardware in system pref but no sound out every jack. This is not a big trouble for me as I'm using USB speakers.

So, many thanks you for this guide.

Ps : sorry for my approximative english

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Dear Readers,

First of all many, many thanks for the great tutorial and the work done.

In the past I installed os x 10.5 (kalyway) on some older PC.

Now I wanted to Install a recent Version of os x (yosemite) on some newer hardware.

I followed the tutorial till I got stuck at Part 3.

Trying to boot from the USB Stick I got the error "can't find /mach_kernel".

At Part 2.1.7 I copied the kernel from the Essentials.pkg to /System/Library/Kernels/ of the USB Stick.

The tutorial then notes something about the attachment. The attachment resambles the downloads from Step 1.1 (Essential Software).

The only thing different from the tutorial is the version of the chameleon boot loader I used. The tutorial links to version 2.3 svn r2716 (wich didn't work for me; error at the end of the Installation. I used version 2.2 r2404 from the website http://chameleon.osx86.huinstead.

Where does the bootloader get the kernel (mach_kernel)? Is it the kernel from /System/Libraries/kernels? Do I have to specify this at chameleon wizard?

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can patch from Windows ..since I'm not using any hackintosh Or Mac ..I'm only using Windows ...

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I ran into a problem, maybe I just did something wrong. Anyway, I'm stuck here:

1. Mount your OS X DMG. If using a copy downloaded from the app store: Navigate to Applications (which is where it will save your downloaded copy of OS X by default) -> right click "Install OS X *version*" and click "Show Package Contents" -> Contents -> SharedSupport -> Double click "InstallESD.dmg"
2. Mount BaseSystem.dmg by typing the following in terminal:
open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg
open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

open /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

I have to mention that I am running Yosemite on VMWare on Windows 7. I used an USB stick to copy from PC to my VM the .dmg which I downloaded from http://www.hackintos...-intel-iso-usb/ .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, Vanilla OS X, Chameleon, DSDT, Beginner, Guide, How-to, Yosemite, 10.10

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy