[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

Mountain Lion Vanilla OS X Chameleon DSDT Beginner Guide How-to Yosemite 10.10

• Please log in to reply
873 replies to this topic

pcnewpinky

pcnewpinky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:OS X

Hi guys.

I have a serious problem with Yosemite.

in installing section, the Installer says that 'OS X cannot be installed on your computer' with 'error 0'

can anyone help me please?

I'm using ML 10.8.2 right now, on GPT, EFI

thank you.  :)

Muxuxi

Muxuxi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi guys.

I have a serious problem with Yosemite.

in installing section, the Installer says that 'OS X cannot be installed on your computer' with 'error 0'

can anyone help me please?

I'm using ML 10.8.2 right now, on GPT, EFI

thank you.  :)

Make sure you've copied BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist to your USB on top level.

Hope that it's not too late  ^_^.

Oscar Devia

Oscar Devia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Someone might enable the pci-x ports on the x8sax?

I've installed a full snow leopard on my x8sax with full power management, hpet, smbus, ethernet (all vanilla) but I can't enable the pci-x ports

So if anyone can help me, I really appreciate it!!

This is the kernel panic Attached File  IMG_4084.JPG   168.14KB   0 downloads

Oscar

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

As far as I know, there is nothing specific to be done to "enable PCI-X" slots. I have PCI-X expansion slots in my Precision 670 and never had any issue when I used them for add-on Intel Pro/1000 MT dual-Ethernet cards; they were detected and worked Ok in SL and Lion in 32 bit mode with the right kext (not on ML and above).

Your KP appears to be CPU related, I'm not seeing anything remotely connected to a PCI-X card. If such an add-on card is not working, it'll be due to lack of (kext) support more than anything else.

Please post your full system specs if you want some support. It's a kind of very basic requirement...

X8SAX, that's a SuperMicro server mobo, right?

vladvah77

vladvah77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I can't download ANY of the original files from rockinron_1's post from 2012 , please help me guys!

earbash

earbash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi all!

I have a big problem when i try to install Yosemite with several methods. First, i try the All-in-one vanilla Guide, and then the AIO Guide method but i have this error message when i try to boot my usb drive: "Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size: 0x0, File: hfs.c, Line: 924. This is a non recoverable error! System is HALTED!!!". Next, i try the ##### method, but when the installer comes up with the apple logo and the little loading bar, it crashes and i have a black screen about 30%. I tries a many of boot flags but no success. Then, i try the [NEW]_USB Installer_OS X Yosemite Chameleon_r2570 v7 method, but the program won't start it says an AppleScript error. Then, i try THIS tutorial, and the boot loader doesn't come up, i just had a flashing cursor. Then i try the Clover Legacy method, it works like the Beast, when apple logo comes up, and loads 40%, my screen is gone black or restart the pc. Please, help me. I don't know what is the problem. 

My config:

Gigabyte EP-43T-UD3L

Core 2 Quad Q8300

4Gb DDR 3 Ram

Geforce 9800Gt

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

BIOS settings causing the issue in all likelihood...

keinez

keinez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

At part 2.1.8 the command should be 

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true

and 

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean false

The "yes" and "no" doesn't work on Yosemite 10.10.2.

Allan

Allan

V.I.P. Member

• Moderators
  • 6,367 posts

Try add: killall Finder in the end of the command.

nkholil

nkholil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi All

I manage to create the USB and Install to my laptop dell E6420.

it is fine until step 3.1 or should be 3.2 copy two kext of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and FakeSMC.kext

i copy the command with modify volume name. There is no error mesage, but the two kext does not copy to hard disk.

any clue how to solve this?

Thank You

vladvah77

vladvah77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I can't download ANY of the original files from rockinron_1's original post from 2012  , please help me guys with a working download link!

Allan

Allan

V.I.P. Member

• Moderators
  • 6,367 posts

This files will be uploaded again.

http://www.insanelym...wing/?p=2119211

vladvah77

vladvah77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thank you very much Mr. Allan that is very good news for newbie hack users like me;so as far as I get this forum had some hardware issues in the past and now only the attachment files are missing....yet.

ostracoda

ostracoda

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

thx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, Vanilla OS X, Chameleon, DSDT, Beginner, Guide, How-to, Yosemite, 10.10

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy