[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2.3. A note for those wishing to boot OS X and Windows on the same HDD

(This is not recommended but may be necessary for those installing on laptops)
The OS X installer won’t install to an MBR partition scheme which Windows requires so we must patch the installer to allow this. If you intend on dual-booting OS X and Windows 7 then I suggest you install Windows 7 and update to Service Pack 1 before you install OS X to prevent problems updating to SP1 later. How to patch:
1. Download the required files from here:
http://www.osx86.net/view/2815-osinstallmbr+osinstall.mpkg_10.8.gm.html

2. On the USB stick navigate to /System/Installation/Packages/. Delete OSInstall.mpkg and replace it with the one you just downloaded.
3. On the USB stick navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/. Delete OSInstall and replace it with the one you just downloaded.

-->For Yosemite, the path is different, shorter than the previous versions of OSX.

-->The text in green is the correct path that I have changed.

2.3. A note for those wishing to boot OS X and Windows on the same HDD

(This is not recommended but may be necessary for those installing on laptops)

The OS X installer won’t install to an MBR partition scheme which Windows requires so we must patch the installer to allow this. If you intend on dual-booting OS X and Windows 7 then I suggest you install Windows 7 and update to Service Pack 1 before you install OS X to prevent problems updating to SP1 later. How to patch:

1. Download the required files from here:http://www.osx86.net/view/2815-osinstallmbr+osinstall.mpkg_10.8.gm.html

2. On the USB stick navigate to /System/Installation/Packages/. Delete OSInstall.mpkg and replace it with the one you just downloaded.

3. On the USB stick navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/. Delete OSInstall and replace it with the one you just downloaded.

-->For Yosemite, the path is different, shorter than the previous versions of OSX.

-->The text in green is the correct path that I have changed.

1. Download the required files from here FOR YOSEMITE 10.10.x:

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4065-osinstallermbrosinstallmpkg-1010x/

• 3 weeks later...

I'll try to walk you through how to do it. Its been a while but here goes.

1.) Copy the NullCPUPM kext to a flash drive and insert that drive into your PC.

2.) Boot from/into the installer you used to install OS X.

3.) Once it loads go into Terminal. (Utilities-/-Terminal Tab at the top of window)

4.) From Terminal use the command:

Ls /Volumes

To find the working directory of your flash drive (example: /Volumes/FlashDrive) and the working directory of OS X (example: /Volumes/OSX) and make a note of those directories.

5.) Then still in Terminal type

cp -R "/Volumes/FlashDrive/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" "/Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions/"

*Remember /FlashDrive and OSX are the names of your flash drive and OS X installation respectively.

6.) After that finishes exit Terminal and Launch Disk Utility (Utilities-/-Disk Utility Tab at the top of window)

7.) Select your OS X Partition on the left and click Repair Permissions from the right side under the First Aid Tab.

8.) Reboot hopefully without any problems. If another Kernel Panic happens post it and we will try to help you figure it out.

*****Also it has been a while since I've worked with any Hackintosh so if I have said something wrong here please correct me. I wouldn't want to give incorrect advice.*****

Hope this Helps

After you put the NullCPUPM.kext to the flash drive you must boot into the installer. The problem you're having is pre- or post-install? If you've already installed it but the error occurs when you try to boot into the OS without the install disk just boot into the installer and follow my previous post. If not copy the NullCPUPM kext onto the installer drive into the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder and then try booting the installer. Hope that helps.

Ok. First off if your install disk isnt on a flash drive make one. They are so much easier to work with.

After that copy the NullCPUPM kext to the directory on the install disk '/System/Library/Extensions/'. Try booting with that and of that doesn't work Post the Kernel Panic screen like you did before. It may be something different that is causing the panic after the nullcpupm kext is installed/copied to S/L/E folder.

Also if after copying the nullcpupm kext you get the same kernel panic as before then try removing the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder of the install disk.

Also take a look at this article. It may help.

http://givemesome.tips/fix-kernel-panic-by-appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-1072/

Ok the second screenshot you posted is promising. I'm not a 100% sure this will work but take a look at the contents of your flash drive. Look in the /Extra/Extensions/ folder and remove the AppleACPIPlatform.kext if its there. Let me know the result.

PS: Sorry the late response. Been at the hospital all day.

Anyway keep the system as you had it when you booted and posted the screenshot except for removing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the /Extra/Exte sions/ folder on the root of the flash drive.

Ok, the first screen is the problem with NullCPUPM and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but without AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

The second screen is the problem when I boot with cpus=0; with all three kext, without removing anything.

post-1148758-0-76061400-1434793649_thumb.jpg

post-1148758-0-64713500-1434793976_thumb.jpg

Ok, the first screen is the problem with NullCPUPM and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but without AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

The second screen is the problem when I boot with cpus=0; with all three kext, without removing anything.

Try -v -f -x cpus=0 npci=0x2000