[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

hello

u must use macbookpro8,1 smbios

and use nullcpupowermanagement

probably must delete from the installer

appleintelhd*.* from system/library/extensions

if that error go on

use in boot

cpus=1

hp have that problem.. lapic fix

good hack

Thanks for the reply.. i used macbook pro 8.1 and pasted null cpupowermanagement kext (along with fakesmc kext) in  /System/Library/Extensions folder of the usb...

In that folder u want me to delete appleintelhd*.*...???

I have deleted the appleintelhd*.* files in S/L/E folder... also tried with cpus=1.. i have also applied lapic fix for mach_kernal.. the same error coming...

if i use "-f " then i m getting "local apic error" eventhough i applied lapic fix already... pls somebody help..

update:

I have deleted appleintelcpu*.kexts from S/L/E folder.. So the previous problem is gone..

now getting local apic error... applied lapic fix for the kernel... but still getting the error...

if i use cpus=1 -> still waiting for root device

my hardware virtualisation is enabled... is that a problem..??

Hi

I think i dont have any option to change in my Insyde BIOS other than H/W virtualisation and Dynamic graphics...

I cant see AHCI or SATA anywhere in BIOS...

Can u tell me how can i check whether my system has sata in AHCI mode? using any software..

If its already in AHCI mode I can continue or

I should give up installing MAC along with my windows 8 right!!!

hello

that ahci is for the hd...

the give up is u decision...

what i can tell to u . is mac os x is for mac and developed exclusively for mac

hack mac os x is 99% of reading, googling, persistency and 1% of luck u hardware be compatible..

this is not windows .. can be installed in a toaster.. only need the toaster have a dvd drive..

don't expect any easy way... to install and run mac os x ..

good hack

Sorry

I did not mean i m frustrated.. u r the one who is helping me...

I just wanted to know how to check my sata mode and i think found it from device manager..

post-1196284-0-86410300-1374835765_thumb.jpg

I hope this is what u said about and i think its in ahci mode only..

I ll try again and update you..

Thanks...

Hi Artur,

I tried the above and while everything is loading(codes are running) my laptop screen suddenly switches off...  like it's cable has been disconnected.. (but keyboard and power lights are on).. also when i rebooted windows did not start up well and later it  repaired itself.. I fear it may cause any problem to my laptop..

pls help me what to do..

->I prepared the usb as per the guide...

->I have deleted appleintelcpu*.* and appleintelhd*.* from S/L/E folder.. (i did not do this in terminal but in search box i typed appleintelhd and deleted the search results)...

->I booted with -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 with the original kernel..

Thanks...

Hi..

I bypassed the kernel panics and stuck at black screen issue..

I used all known bootflags: -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 and 1 PciRoot=0 and 1..

all combinations end up in same black screen (graphics card problem) i cant get past it..

pls someone tell me which flags may be working for me..

While googling for the solution i got to know that my laptop specifications are more closer to MacBookPro 8.2 than 8.1

post-1196284-0-43245800-1374872542_thumb.jpg

->Same Graphics cards (Intel HD3000 + AMD Radeon HD6490M Switchable Graphics) 

->Same Processor Family (Sandy Bridge)

->Same RAM type and similar Cache type

If I use MacBookPro 8.2 will the installation be a bit easier to move??

pls someone tell me

Also guide me how to avoid the black screen problem..

Thanks.

Disable the AMD card in the BIOS! Otherwise it won't work. Use only the Intel HD3000. If your BIOS is locked - InsydeH2O or similar {censored} - try researching if there's a way to disable the AMD card via DSDT edition.

If none of the above is possible, you're out of luck and either 1) should delete all graphics kexts - this way it's going to boot to the desktop - and accept the fact you won't ever have the smoothest user experience with OSX or 2) sell your laptop and buy one that has proven compatibility with OSX or even 3) sell it and just buy a 13''MacBookAir - in the US they're not that expensive, at least the base model, and will give the user experience you'll never have with an OSX86 laptop - or any other laptop by the way, in my modest opinion: contrary to OSX86 desktops, which when properly set up can beat real Macs in performance and reliability, OSX86 laptops are always, in the best scenario, an almost-there experience.

All the best!

hello

remove from installer

appleintelhd*.*

the second card don't work.. use smbios 8,1

Captura de Tela 2013-07-26 Ã s 23.27.48.png

i'm in maverics so i have another kext.. but that is the idea

after removed the appleintelhd*.* boot 

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

after install 1º boot

if any graphics problems

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2193

good hack

Hi 

I am still stuck at black screen..

->I have created the usb using Chameleon-2.2svn-r2254 and chameleon wizard using SIMBios MacBook 8.1

->I have deleted appleintelhd*.* files from S/L/E folder

->I am using fixed graphics mode.. So while on battery only Intel graphics HD3000 will be used...

->im using boot args -v -f cpus=1 (for lapic error) GraphicsEnabler=No

Also with PciRoot=1(tried) PCIRootUID=0/1(tried) npci=0x3000(tried) <-I dono what these are used for

it end up in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te9lLTxDnOg

My laptop:

HP pavilion dv6116tx Entertainment PC

2.1 GHz Intel Core i3-2310M

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6490M (1 GB GDDR5) Switchable Graphics

500 GB SATA (5400 rpm) in AHCI mode

pls help..

Hi

removed the amd*.* and ati*.* files and booted with

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1

Same result:-(

any boot args i need to add???

as for as i searched for this issue people are using PCIRootUID=0 and got success..

but while booting when i type "?" to see the possible boot args there is PciRoot with default value being 0 and no entry of PCIRootUID

Is both PCIRootUID and PciRoot are same?

which one should i try???

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a total newbie to Hackintoshes, I miss in this guide some chapter about partitioning for those of us who install into a laptop and wish to keep the windows partition because it contains vendor-specific stuff.

My laptop (Acer Aspire 6935-G) came brand new with a couple of Windows Vista partitions (one is the real one, while the other is a restore partition by Acer). Some years ago, I resized the Windows partition and installed Ubuntu.

Now, I want to delete the Ubuntu partitions, and resize the Windows Vista partition to the minimum. And in the resulting free space, I wish to create the OSX partition.

What's the best procedure for doing all of this? What partitioning tool is best recommended? What partition type do I create for OSX? As I said, this is the stuff I missed in this guide. I don't know what's the best way to proceed, so if there's any other recommended guide for this, please tell!!

Thanks a lot!!

Being a total newbie to Hackintoshes, I miss in this guide some chapter about partitioning for those of us who install into a laptop and wish to keep the windows partition because it contains vendor-specific stuff.

My laptop (Acer Aspire 6935-G) came brand new with a couple of Windows Vista partitions (one is the real one, while the other is a restore partition by Acer). Some years ago, I resized the Windows partition and installed Ubuntu.

Now, I want to delete the Ubuntu partitions, and resize the Windows Vista partition to the minimum. And in the resulting free space, I wish to create the OSX partition.

What's the best procedure for doing all of this? What partitioning tool is best recommended? What partition type do I create for OSX? As I said, this is the stuff I missed in this guide. I don't know what's the best way to proceed, so if there's any other recommended guide for this, please tell!!

Thanks a lot!!

Never mind. No wonder there's no guide for repartitioning, because it's tough and there're no good and free tools for Windows repartitioning. Gparted failed with my NTFS partition. Then, after googling, I realized I really wanted to use the native partition shrinking tool available in Windows Vista, because it's the cleanest and most guaranteed approach. But, alas, I couldn't use it because of unmovable blocks in the disk. Then I tried free defragmenters. No joy, they cannot deal with unmovable blocks. I googled and found PerfectDisk, commercial but with downloadable trial, and able to move unmovable blocks. But it didn't work fine either: it didn't want to move all unmovable blocks to the beginning of the disk. So, I shrink the partitions in several steps: Use PerfectDisk, the unmovable blocks are moved to the middle of the partition, so I can shrink it to a half. Use it again, then I shrink the partition another half. And so on. Finally, I've resized my Vista partition to 40GB, and I can start the process...

Woa... now I know why I've loved computers during all these years using Macs... I almost forgot about these PC pains...

The conclusion is that it's impossible to do a repartitioning guide, because there're just no free and reliable repartitioning tools that will resize a NTFS partition with a single button press. And there's no fail-safe procedure either. It's just a matter of trying what tool works with your system.

Well, now I'm closer to being able to start... I just need to google what issues can I face if I install 10.8.0 and update to 10.8.4 (when do I update and how?), and also how to create the OSX partition (I think this was done with the OSX installer, but I'm not sure, because I don't want to trash now the Vista partition which has taken me a couple of days (!!) of fighting for shrinking it...

Well, now I'm closer to being able to start... I just need to google what issues can I face if I install 10.8.0 and update to 10.8.4 (when do I update and how?), and also how to create the OSX partition (I think this was done with the OSX installer, but I'm not sure, because I don't want to trash now the Vista partition which has taken me a couple of days (!!) of fighting for shrinking it...

I know you don't want to trash the Vista partition (why are you using the dreaded Vista?), but according to this and a little bit of other reading, I don't know if you have much choice.

I know you don't want to trash the Vista partition (why are you using the dreaded Vista?), but according to this and a little bit of other reading, I don't know if you have much choice.

Honestly, I'll happily format the entire HD of this Acer if I knew that all OSX features are going to work fine on it. That way, all the 320GB HDD would be for OSX, and it would be great. However, because I've reasonable doubt that some stuff can fail, I want to keep the door open for a possible restore of the original system. This is an Acer, so I'm also keeping the factory recovery partitions. Anyway, in the link you provide I see no reason to conclude that it won't be possible. This Mountain Lion guide details how to install on a MBR scheme, so I don't know why you say it won't work.

Anyway, I found another problem: I'm building the USB for installing, but... when deleting the Packages link, and copying all the Packages directory into the USB... how am I supposed to do it if the USB (which is a restore of the image of the OSX Base System) has only 123MB of free space? (it has only 123MB free because that's the free space in the original OSX Base System image).

I know I did it right because the screenshots in the guide also show 123MB free... what I don't know is how the guide author was able to copy all the Packages folder if the free space was just 123MB...

Any clues?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Honestly, I'll happily format the entire HD of this Acer if I knew that all OSX features are going to work fine on it. That way, all the 320GB HDD would be for OSX, and it would be great. However, because I've reasonable doubt that some stuff can fail, I want to keep the door open for a possible restore of the original system. This is an Acer, so I'm also keeping the factory recovery partitions. Anyway, in the link you provide I see no reason to conclude that it won't be possible. This Mountain Lion guide details how to install on a MBR scheme, so I don't know why you say it won't work.

You're right about the MBR support, sorry, I didn't really consider that. I guess mostly I thought that was targeted at people with fully separate drives, but there's no reason it doesn't apply to you as far as I can see. 

In terms of making the USB I'm not really sure the solution to your issue.

You're right about the MBR support, sorry, I didn't really consider that. I guess mostly I thought that was targeted at people with fully separate drives, but there's no reason it doesn't apply to you as far as I can see. 

In terms of making the USB I'm not really sure the solution to your issue.

I feel myself a bit lost... not only I cannot figure out how to copy the Packages folder into the USB if there're just 123MB free (no matter the pendrive size it will always be 123MB free because that's the free space in the original OSX Base System DMG), but... in addition to that... I now have serious doubts in how to proceed because I wished to update to 10.8.4, but it seems it's not easy to do so... I've just found a guide in another subforum explaining how to install 10.8.3, and it's a bit of a nightmare... you download the 10.8.3 update but without rebooting, then some kext tasks... well... it seems a bit overkill for me. I think my media is 10.8.0 (I bought it last year). To complicate things even more, the MBR patches have different files for 10.8.0, 10.8.1, 10.8.2, 10.8.3, and 10.8.4... why would you need those if the ML media is 10.8.0? Or you need them when you update? Well, it's clear I'm not a beginner, but several steps lower...

I feel myself a bit lost... not only I cannot figure out how to copy the Packages folder into the USB if there're just 123MB free (no matter the pendrive size it will always be 123MB free because that's the free space in the original OSX Base System DMG), but... in addition to that... I now have serious doubts in how to proceed because I wished to update to 10.8.4, but it seems it's not easy to do so... I've just found a guide in another subforum explaining how to install 10.8.3, and it's a bit of a nightmare... you download the 10.8.3 update but without rebooting, then some kext tasks... well... it seems a bit overkill for me. I think my media is 10.8.0 (I bought it last year). To complicate things even more, the MBR patches have different files for 10.8.0, 10.8.1, 10.8.2, 10.8.3, and 10.8.4... why would you need those if the ML media is 10.8.0? Or you need them when you update? Well, it's clear I'm not a beginner, but several steps lower...

I definitely know that feeling. You may want to consider using one of the more packaged solutions such as MyHack which provide a way to "ease" into creating a Hackintosh.

I definitely know that feeling. You may want to consider using one of the more packaged solutions such as MyHack which provide a way to "ease" into creating a Hackintosh.

Well, I've progressed a bit, with some googling, although I've been unable to start the install.

What I've learnt from other sites:

1- Apple has updated the Mountain Lion installer to 10.8.4. This means that if you bought ML last year but download it again, you now get a complete 10.8.4 installer, without need to download updates. Now I believe I understand why there're different MBR patches for each ML version. I guess I need to use the 10.8.4 MBR patches if I redownload ML today and create the USB from it. Well, I'm just guessing it, although some explanation of this would be greatly welcome.

2- In general it's a pain to update the OSX version on a Hackintosh. So, if you can install 10.8.4 directly, it's better. The bad thing is that 10.8.5 will be released soon and I'm going to install 10.8.4, but, well, 10.8.4 is mature enough IMHO, so I'll keep it forever on this Hackintosh.

3- No idea on how to resize the free space on the usb, though, so I cannot copy the Packages folder into it. Googled this problem, but found no solutions. Disk utility says the usb partition is 8 GB, with 1GB used, and 123MB of free space. Where are the resting 7GB? How can I increase the 123MB? It seems Disk utility can resize partitions, but not this one.

So, well, progressed a bit, but cannot start the install until I find how the USB is created with size enough for the Packages folder.

Anybody successfully created the USB? How did you fit the Packages folder in the 123MB ?

EDIT: Incredible, people seem to just drag the >1GB Packages folder into the usb and it works for them even if there're only 123MB available. I don't know why this works on their machines. On my machine (a MBA with 10.6.8, it won't copy it, showing a "disk full" error). Is it because I'm using 10.6.8? I don't know what to do, I think I'll sleep...

Oops!! Something really strange: it was the pendrive. I tried it several times, and it always failed in the same way. I tried another pendrive and it worked fine. No idea about the reason, I did exactly the same steps on both of them (GUID scheme, etc)...

Well... it seems I'm getting ready for the install!! (note: I'm not sure your MyHack suggestion is ready for MBR, so I'm trying to use this guide instead)

Oops!! Something really strange: it was the pendrive. I tried it several times, and it always failed in the same way. I tried another pendrive and it worked fine. No idea about the reason, I did exactly the same steps on both of them (GUID scheme, etc)...

Well... it seems I'm getting ready for the install!! (note: I'm not sure your MyHack suggestion is ready for MBR, so I'm trying to use this guide instead)

That's great that you are ready for the install and it works. If you run into issues with this installation, I do know for sure that MyHack has MBR support if you end up needing that.