[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

hello

to install mac os x u don't need dsdt / ssdt

install it ... make all work.. and then think in dsdt / ssdt

that is pos-intallation to make powermanagement native, and machine performance..

good hack

Thank you for your answer, I was assuming this but wanted to be sure. regarding powermanagement isn't it native now that I have patched my Bios with pmpatch? or I also have to work for it in mac os install and after install? "3.B Fixing the OS X install / 1. From the installer go to Utilities and Terminal. / 2. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/

3. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/ " so i do have to do this or not anymore? I ask this because I don't know at the time the guide was made the pmpatch was already out or not. Also do I have to disable/enable other functions in Bios prior to installation and post installation, as I see some in other guides, but maybe they are old.

hello

if u have the pmpatch apply the nullcpupowermanagement not need.. but when u install it u will see.

fakesmc is mandatory to every hack

man install the system , it don't bite u..

one thing

mac os x is for mac and developed for mac

hack mac os x is 99 % of reading, googling, persistency and 1 % of luck u hardware be compatible...

so if u look a step a step for u rig...

good hack

Hello, I followed perfectly the guide and after i boot from the usb, I think because of the graphics, the computer freeze, I tried difrrent variants, first with discrete card ATI HD 5670, in bios set to Auto or PCIE, I get into the graphical interface with the apple logo, than another white screen appear with a ball mouse colorated cursor that is rolling but eventually it freeze, I tried -v and also GraphicsEnabler=Yes same thing freezes. with the IGPU on 64mb in bios and DVI port connected, same thing, also with -v or GraphicsEnabler=Yes it freezes, here are 2 pics i made, please help! :D i don't know what else to do, ive tried all combinations i think, is not cos of monitor, or dvi or hdmi or displayport, or discrete card or IGPU, i think its about kexts, should i move the video kexts or delete them, and add them back after install? On the styck i put ML 10.8.3. and latest version of chameleon and chameleon wizard, that the only thing i modified from the original files that were in the attached zipped. Also when i saw is not working i change in Bios to the optimized defaults, than same not working, than i change in Bios the bellow settings, but still i get the same, so if you identify the problem, should i keep these bios settings, or put only optimized defaults, or also can i keep my personal settings or should try to see if they work if i solve problem with graphics, thanks in advance!

• Execute Disable Bit (NX bit) Enabled
  • Enhanced Halt State (C1E) Disabled

Intel Speedstep Disabled

Intel Virtualisation Disabled

Limit CPUID Disabled

Primary PEG (Video) AUTO

Internal Graphics Memory Size 64MB

AHCI On

2nd Marvell Controller Off

Bluetooth Disabled

Asmedia USB 3.0 Disabled

Intel LAN Disabled

High Precision Event Timer On

EFI BIOS Priority

post-1161716-0-85758600-1368293648_thumb.jpg

post-1161716-0-13243300-1368293654_thumb.jpg

delete all graphics kexts from USBInstaller, then boot with this flag: -f -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

Delete all graphics kexts (+ plugin and bundles) :

AMD

- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle

- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

INTEL

- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle

- AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

- AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

ATI

- ATI2400Controller.kext

- ATI2600Controller.kext

- ATI3800Controller.kext

- ATI4600Controller.kext

- ATI4800Controller.kext

- ATI5000Controller.kext

- ATI6000Controller.kext

- ATIFramebuffer.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

- ATISupport.kext

Nvidia

- GeForce.kext

- GeForceGA.plugin

- GeForceGLDriver.bundle

- GeForceVADriver.bundle

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext

- NVDAGK100Hal.kext

- NVDANV50Hal.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

- NVSMU.kext

+1 FakeSMC is the problem.

Do step 3.B again. Once you've done open Disk Utility in the installer then click on your OS X partition and then "Repair Permissions".

Use transmac to copy FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions on the OS X installer partition.

Also your HD5670 is perfect for OS X so that I doubt that's the problem. Once you get installed you can set GraphicsEnabler and UseATIROM in chameleon wizard and the card will run perfect.

delete all graphics kexts from USBInstaller, then boot with this flag: -f -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

Delete all graphics kexts (+ plugin and bundles) :

AMD

- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext

- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle

- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

INTEL

- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

- AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

- AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle

- AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

- AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

ATI

- ATI2400Controller.kext

- ATI2600Controller.kext

- ATI3800Controller.kext

- ATI4600Controller.kext

- ATI4800Controller.kext

- ATI5000Controller.kext

- ATI6000Controller.kext

- ATIFramebuffer.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext

- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

- ATISupport.kext

Nvidia

- GeForce.kext

- GeForceGA.plugin

- GeForceGLDriver.bundle

- GeForceVADriver.bundle

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext

- NVDAGK100Hal.kext

- NVDANV50Hal.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

- NVSMU.kext

But as i see listed here my IGPU Intel HD 3000 is listed here, and also my discrete ATI HD 5670 so why they don't work? So ill add them back later? and what bios settings to keep, my personal, the optimized defaults, or the ones i listed in my previous comment, please check strong>ression.gif - AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext

- ATI5000Controller.kext

man, delete the kexts, when you boot the installer and you can install the system, all this kexts are in your system installed in your disk and not in your installer.

+1 FakeSMC is the problem.

Do step 3.B again. Once you've done open Disk Utility in the installer then click on your OS X partition and then "Repair Permissions".

Use transmac to copy FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions on the OS X partition.

Also your HD5670 is perfect for OS X so that I doubt that's the problem. Once you get installed you can set GraphicsEnabler and UseATIROM in chameleon wizard and the card will run perfect.

Well i have it there check pic:

man, delete the kexts, when you boot the installer and you can install the system, all this kexts are in your system installed in your disk and not in your installer.

Man i get confused by 2 experts a Moderator and a FAQ Team member wich one to belive? :) please make up your minds and agree both on something, its about kexts or about FakeSMC? also none of you respond to this: should i keep these bios settings bellow, or put only optimized defaults, or also can i keep my personal settings maybe i can try to see if they work if i solve problem with graphics, thanks in advance!

Intel Speedstep Disabled

Limit CPUID Disabled

Primary PEG (Video) AUTO

AHCI On

Bluetooth Disabled

Asmedia USB 3.0 Disabled

Intel LAN Disabled

EFI BIOS Priority

PS: My mainboard is P8Z68-V PRO on I7-2600k

post-1161716-0-38059100-1368296611_thumb.jpg

man, FakeSMC.kext is a kext :P or not? your Installer don`t start and this can be for + of one kext, can be, Graphics kexts, not load FakeSMC.kext, bios config, bad installer, etc..., put your bios SATA/AHCI and mode Legacy bios, in mode UEFI bios only work with Clover boot loader .

EDIT: and please, put you hardware in your signature for support.

I know what is FakeSMC, i have it on the usb in the "Essential - 03.08.12" folder and also in /System/Library/Extensions check pictures that i attached previous, also SATA is on AHCI, man im not stupid :) so it is because of FakeSMC.kext or because of video kexts? i also listed the bios settings i worked trying to install mac os. Also on Legacy Bios same thing i get. Signature Updated! Now i wait for a bingo response! :D

So if i delete all the video kexts how will this work than? Will i have to put them back in the installed os from the hard drive and than use GraphicsEnabler and ATIROM?

man im not stupid

:) ,

ok, if its is right why you need help??

:lol:

so it is because of

FakeSMC.kext

or because of video kexts?

sory but my crystal bol is wrong :P

:))) I was saying im not stupid because I KNOW what I did and followed exactly the guide :)I prove that I have in 2 folders on the usb stick the FakeSMC.kext, in the essential folder I posted pic with it, and in the system/library/extensions that I also posted pic, I need help because is for sure related to graphics but were I cant understand, you seem to have right...but if I delete all video kexts after I install the OS X, my video card wich rockinron_1 said is perfect for OS X will it be fully recognized if I deleted all video kexts? that's the question. :) work your bol! :D

no, the installer go install this in your disk , don`t worry, delete from the installer. All kexts are in a .pkg archive , is hidden, these are the kexts that you USBInstaller install in your disk.

• Like 1

no, the installer go install this in your disk , don`t worry, delete from the installer. All kexts are in a .pkg archive , is hidden, these are the kexts that you USBInstaller install in your disk.

Perfect now I understand :) this was the answer I was waiting, great sorcery! :D thx! Regarding bios settings? should i keep these bios settings bellow, or put only optimized defaults, or also can i keep my personal settings maybe i can try to see if they work if i solve problem with graphics, thanks in advance!

Intel Speedstep Disabled

Limit CPUID Disabled

Primary PEG (Video) AUTO

AHCI On

Bluetooth Disabled

Asmedia USB 3.0 Disabled

Intel LAN Disabled

EFI BIOS Priority so this work only with Clover, and I want Chameleon, ill put back on Legacy

EFI BIOS Priority=NO use legacy bios

then boot with -f-v -x npci=0x2000

take a look here: http://www.insanelym...s-p8z68-deluxe/

I opened transmac but i don't know were to find all that video kexts do you know exactly folder/s?

Wich command: -f -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 OR -f-v -x npci=0x2000 ?

Thx I already saved that thread, but those are post install settings :) from the ones i posted up the rest of them are ok? besides EFI

Do i need to delete kernelcache (System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup)?

Just out of curiosity: Which permissions will be applied to files copied with TransMac and will OS X be able to load extensions copied in such a way if you use Chameleon with -f ?

I didn't copied nothing with transmac FakeSMC was already there in system/library/extensions, i only want to use transmac to delete those video kexts

I opened transmac but i don't know were to find all that video kexts do you know exactly folder/s? is System/Library/Extensions?

Wich command: -f -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 OR -f-v -x npci=0x2000 ?

Thx I already saved that thread, but those are post install settings :) from the ones i posted up the rest of them are ok? besides EFI

Do i need to delete kernelcache (System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup)?

Yo iFIRE!

Please check this out, i mention on my stick i have Mac OS X ML 10.8.3, and i used transmac and deleted the files bellow from System/Library/Extensions, but some of them i didnt find instead i found some extra ones, please advice me if i did all right:

AMD

- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext Not found on USB is this ok?

- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

Instead I found this one and deleted! AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle is this ok?

INTEL

- AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext Found and deleted!

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext Found and deleted!

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin Found and deleted!

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle Found and deleted!

- AppleIntelIVBVA.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext Found and deleted!

- AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle Found and deleted!

ATI

- ATI2400Controller.kext Found and deleted!

- ATI2600Controller.kext Found and deleted!

- ATI3800Controller.kext Found and deleted!

- ATI4600Controller.kext Found and deleted!

- ATI4800Controller.kext Found and deleted!

- ATI5000Controller.kext Found and deleted!

- ATI6000Controller.kext Found and deleted!

- ATIFramebuffer.kext Found and deleted!

- ATIRadeonX2000.kext Found and deleted!

- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin Not found on USB is this ok?

- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- ATISupport.kext Found and deleted!

Nvidia

- GeForce.kext Not found on USB is this ok?

- GeForceGA.plugin Not found on USB is this ok?

- GeForceGLDriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- GeForceVADriver.bundle Not found on USB is this ok?

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext Found and deleted!

- NVDAGK100Hal.kext Found and deleted!

- NVDANV50Hal.kext Found and deleted!

- NVDAResman.kext Found and deleted!

- NVSMU.kext Found and deleted!

I also find and deleted! NVDAStartup.kext is this ok?

You give me 2 commands to boot with this flag: -f -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 OR -f-v -x npci=0x2000 so wich one to use?

As i saw on other guide do i also need to delete kernelcache from here System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup ?

FakeSMC is in System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext!

Should i keep these bios settings bellow prior install, or should i put only optimized defaults? Or also can i keep my personal settings without OC settings maybe they work, please advice me on this, wich settings from bellow to change that u think are important prior and post install:

Execute Disable Bit (NX bit) Enabled

Enhanced Halt State (C1E) Disabled and others say Enabled im confused

Intel Speedstep Disabled and others say Enabled im confused

Limit CPUID Disabled

Primary PEG (Video) AUTO

AHCI On

Bluetooth Disabled

Asmedia USB 3.0 Disabled

Intel LAN Disabled

EFI BIOS Priority

I have a partition of 40gb for Mac OS, i left it as "Unallocated Space", should i put it NTFS or FAT? i know in installer ill make it GUID or MBR if i want to boot windows too.

Hope i did all right i go try it now :D Thanks in advance! Sorry for the long post!