[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

Mountain Lion Vanilla OS X Chameleon DSDT Beginner Guide How-to Yosemite 10.10

• Please log in to reply
842 replies to this topic

sf3

sf3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the detailed guide. I am a newbie and am following the instructions but getting stuck on grey screen after selecting English as the language of install. -v flag gave the attached log (CPU Halted). System shuts down after displaying the attached for a flash of second. Have tried multiple flags and SMBios (MB Pro and MB) but did not help.

I am on Sony Vaio SR220J - T5800 2GHz, 2GB RAM 64bit. Display adapter = Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset Family

Please let me know if any more information about my system is required. Any pointers are highly appreciated. TIA.

Attached Files

smukamuka

smukamuka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi all!

After some troubles i've installed and moved the two kext from the usb to the installation hdd...but when I start up the system, after it showed me tons of rows of code, the screen shut down as there's no signal, so I've deleted NVDAResman.kext and now it boot up, but the risolution isn't good....

Could you please help me? I already had this problem on Lion and I've not found a solution :(

Thanks!

SpardoW

SpardoW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi! I have an ASUS n61jv with this specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-350M processor 2.26 GHz
Chipset: Mobile Intel® HM55
LCD: 16.0” 16:9 LED backlight (1366*768)
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1066MHZ (tops 8GB)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeGorce GT 325M with DDR3 1GB VRAM + Intel HD Graphics
Audio: SonicMaster + Altec Lansing stereo speakers + SRS Premium Sound
HDD: SATA HDD 320GB
Networking: 802.11b/g/N – Lan integrated 10/100/1000
Ethernet device: Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit
Wifi device: Atheros AR9285
1xHDMI, 1xE-SATA, 1x USB3.0, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xVGA, Auric/Mic-in, 8 in 1 card reader, Express Card, 1x LAN port(RJ45)
Webcam: 2MP Webcam w/ mic
Dimensions: 384 x 265 x 27.8-37.4 mm, 2.71 kg
Battery: 6 Cells Li-Ion
Others: Multi-gesture touchpad, Full-sized keyboard, numeric keyboard

This is what I can see after boot my MAC OS X Base System installer.

https://dl.dropbox.c...64/DSCF5038.JPG

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
Verify you've got fakesmc.kext in /system/library/extensions on your install USB. If you have use the link provided in the guide to download and install the latest version (if not it should be there anyway so still do this).

If that doesn't work try booting with -v -x -f npci=0x3000.

Report back if it sill doesn't work there's a few bits we can try...

SpardoW

SpardoW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi rockinron_1. At first, thank you for your help.

Well, i've tried typing what you have recommened me and changing the fakesmc ketx, but it doesn't work.

All I can see after boot is my screen all black.

What can I do? Maybe i3 cores are unsuported? I've read someone has a succesfull hack with my laptop, but I'm losing hope...

Thanks again, and if you can help me anyway, I'll be so gratefull.

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
If you have access to a hdmi monitor can you plug in a hdmi lead to your laptops port and see if it works? (almost certain this is your problem & we can fix it easily)

i3's are definitely supported. If the above doesn't work can you type -v when you select to boot your installer, take a photo of where it stopps & post it here.

SpardoW

SpardoW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for your help rockinron_1! I'll try with a monitor connected by HDMI and I'll take a photo, but I can't now, I'm very busy studying.
I don't want you think I'm ignoring your advise! Thank you very much! I'll try as soon as posible!

SpardoW

SpardoW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi rockinron_1! I've tried with a monitor connected by VGA, This is the same like try it with the HDMI connection? Or it's important that the connection be HDMI?
I've tried with iAtkos ML2 method, I've been able to finish the instalation, I have reboot, and when I've boot from the ML HDD, this is what I can see.
https://dl.dropbox.c...64/DSCF5041.JPG
Thanks for help! ;)

Muradin

Muradin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Does it work on my IMEDIA X4210 IT???

Muradin

Muradin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Can someone help me step by step please?

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts

Hi rockinron_1! I've tried with a monitor connected by VGA, This is the same like try it with the HDMI connection? Or it's important that the connection be HDMI?
I've tried with iAtkos ML2 method, I've been able to finish the instalation, I have reboot, and when I've boot from the ML HDD, this is what I can see.
https://dl.dropbox.c...64/DSCF5041.JPG
Thanks for help! ;)

Unless I've missed something its just not picking up on the graphics, try the following:
Use the extra folder I have attached.
Copy the kexts I have attached to /system/library/extensions on your usb stick.
Boot with -v -f post output here it if doesn't boot.
Apologies for the slow reply.

Does it work on my IMEDIA X4210 IT???

Can someone help me step by step please?

If this guide isn't step-by-step enough for you then I would suggest you don't attempt it.

Edit: attachment here:http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/84949997/file.html
(forum won't let me upload for some reason)

Raiden82

Raiden82

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, researched everything, passed the tests...now i'm stuck early..

I'm following this and installed ML on virtualbox on a windows 7 dell xps 702x, prep the usb and now i can't figure out how to get the ML image in virtualbox as when i try to copy it on a 8gb flash drive says the file it's too large.
Was trying another method earlier and burn it with TransMac and had the same problem, the file shows as double size when trying to copy it somewhere and can't figure out how to share the win folder within virtualbox, any idea?
Thanks

And forgot that with a iatkos l2 i was able to do all that but just unable to create the bootable drive correctly due to the guide being less detailed, is there some other method to follow you recommend? like burning a dvd?

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Why is copying over stuff from BaseSystem.dmg necessary? On a real Mac all that's needed is InstallESD.dmg.

tiberius72

tiberius72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi I am kinda new to the scene. Thanks for the guide. I followed it to a tee

But when I boot to my "OS X" (ML) drive from the USB drive I get the grey apple screen and after a few I get a circle with a line through it (kinda like a no entry). I don't see my drive light going on either.

I tried -x options for single mode, but still no luck.

Any Thoughts ?

FYI - I tried to boot directly to the ML drive but it just sits there it doesn't even start loading anything.

The drive is a new Intel SSD 180 GB.
MB -GA-P35C-DS3R Rev1.1
CPU E6600
4GB Memory (another 4 is waiting in the wings)UIpdat

Update - I tried verbose mode and I the message Still waiting for root device. Looks like something wrong with the drive. Perhaps I need to start again ?

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts

Why is copying over stuff from BaseSystem.dmg necessary? On a real Mac all that's needed is InstallESD.dmg.

Because a hackintosh isn't a real mac? It's a different process. Also chameleon won't mount .dmg's so we have to do it ourself.
Basesystem.dmg is the recovery environment we use to install OS X, InstallESD contains the packages required to do so.

Hi I am kinda new to the scene. Thanks for the guide. I followed it to a tee

But when I boot to my "OS X" (ML) drive from the USB drive I get the grey apple screen and after a few I get a circle with a line through it (kinda like a no entry). I don't see my drive light going on either.

I tried -x options for single mode, but still no luck.

Any Thoughts ?

FYI - I tried to boot directly to the ML drive but it just sits there it doesn't even start loading anything.

The drive is a new Intel SSD 180 GB.
MB -GA-P35C-DS3R Rev1.1
CPU E6600
4GB Memory (another 4 is waiting in the wings)UIpdat

Update - I tried verbose mode and I the message Still waiting for root device. Looks like something wrong with the drive. Perhaps I need to start again?

Try booting with: npci=0x2000 -v -x -f
If it still gives "still waiting for..." check your HDD isn't plugged into 6GB/s SATA. If you have different coloured SATA ports, try it in the different colours.

Failing that post a screenshot here if it still hangs.

P.S. -x is safe mode, -s is single user mode

claure

claure

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I have this error at boot with usb when installing mountain lion with amd kernel:

USBF: 1.378 AppleUSBEHCI checksleepcapability controller will be unloaded across sleep.

thankyou

djm20

djm20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
i followed this guide step by step but i get an error while its loading the installer. when i ran it regularly, i get a stop/prohibited sign right above the apple logo. Then i ran it with -v and i got the "still waiting for root device" error. I only have 2 usb 3.0 inputs.

my machine is a dell xps 14
intel core i5 3317U @1.7 GHz
intel hd 4000
4 gb ram
500 Gb hdd
32 gb ssd

its really similar to an apple macbook air.
im using a retail mac os x mountain lion 10.8.2
and i used the patcher to allow me to dual boot os x and windows, and possibly triple boot with linux in the future

mYrN

mYrN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I got everything working up to the last step of 4 (adding back the ATI6000Controller.kext to extensionsfolder), when I rebooted I got the infamous white screen.. Now I can't seem to boot at all, not even with -x or GraphicsEnabler=No (had GE=No during the installation). I've got 2 HD6950 in crossfire with HD6970 bios, and when I checked the systemspecification when it was working it recognized two graphicscards (no info though, only that they were ATI's). I've seen this thread, how can I remove the ATI6000Controller and add the kexts from that thread? (http://www.insanelym...page__hl__ 6950)
Also, Im dualbooting with windows 8.

Thanks..

i7 930
Asus P6T-SE
12 gb ram
2x6950
Intel 520 180gb

Tyler Worth

Tyler Worth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
For some reason i can run ML on VMware with this machine but I cant install for the life of me.

I followed this Tut Pretty Well. I am going to try and Start from the beginning. Maybe I missed something.
For some reason I am getting stuck at Still waiting for device. (picture attached)
Attached File  20130217_173157.jpeg   139.98KB   18 downloads

My Rig:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M with Optimus™ Technology 3GB GDDR5
Memory: 12GB DDR3 1600MHz memory
HDD: 1.0TB: 500GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA) + 500GB (7200rpm, Serial ATA)
Optical: DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)
Wifi: Intel® Wi-Fi® Wireless networking (802.11b/g/n + WiDi Capable)
Bluetooth: Bluetooth® V4.0
USB:4-USB (3.0) ports
Any one help me PLEASE!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,940 posts
You're omitting your system board, Tyler... :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, Vanilla OS X, Chameleon, DSDT, Beginner, Guide, How-to, Yosemite, 10.10

7 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy