[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Mavericks!)

Mountain Lion Vanilla OS X Chameleon DSDT Beginner Guide How-to

• Please log in to reply
832 replies to this topic

Bishop Azrael

Bishop Azrael

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Why are we using terminal to mount a dmg?

v3n1n84

v3n1n84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you very much, works like a charm on my Asus Maximus extreme.

Everything works with two additional kexts : "VoodooHDA 2.7.4" for supremeFX II PCI sound card and "LegacyAppleYukon2" (in E/E) for ethernet to work.
(+DSDT)
My Sapphire HD4870 1gb usually need "QE/Ci Exotic patch" to work fully but here with no modification I've got full QE/CI. Sweat.

Anyway thanks again for this tutorial really easy to follow !

Edit : "GraphicEnabler=No" otherwise it won't boot.

Evoreboot.kext in S/L/E or it won't shutdown

Vis21

Vis21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, i am trying to follow this guide to install mountain lion but i get stuck at this point during the installation process.I get this line: can't perform kext scan : no next summary..i searched on the forum but i can't help myself...i have a p5q pro motherboardintel core duoati 4850 graphic card2 gb ram 800 mhzthanks in advanceAttached File  IMG_0172.jpg   1.82MB   88 downloads

Anthony-69

Anthony-69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have followed your tutorial (great job by the way :)) but I still have a kernel panic during the installation...(see pictures attached)
It seems that I have a problem with FakeSMC: "FakeSMC: key info not found DPLM, length - 6
WKTP, length - 6

You can check my config in my signature.
Sorry if my english isn't really good :( I'm french :)
Thanks for your reply :)

Attached Files

Vis21

Vis21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
<p>

Hi, i am trying to follow this guide to install mountain lion but i get stuck at this point during the installation process.I get this line: can't perform kext scan : no next summary..i searched on the forum but i can't help myself...i have a p5q pro motherboardintel core duoati 4850 graphic card2 gb ram 800 mhzthanks in advanceAttached File  IMG_0172.jpg   1.82MB   88 downloads

I will answer to myself: it's a matter of bios settings Go to the BIOS Setup > processor > "limit CPUID MaxVal= disable

Devilindisguise

Devilindisguise

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I get stuck on this screen.

I can boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Attached Files

remtengruener

remtengruener

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
thx for the guide ;)

Edited by remtengruener, 02 August 2012 - 06:18 PM.

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Lasers, Hackintoshes, Macs, Windows
Hi there,

That's a pretty thorough guide. The bit of discussion about the DSDT not withstanding, I found it pretty helpful, except that after the installer loads, it tells me that it can't install OSX on this machine. I'm using a Dell XPS M1530 Core2Duo 2.0 and Nvidia 8600 GS. I'm using a DSDT that injects my nvidia graphics support, and fixes a few other things. I'm currently running snow leopard. I've checked the specs, and I should be able to run Mountain Lion, but it doesn't seem to think so. any thoughts?

Oh, before I forget, I had to disable ApplePolicyControl.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns because it was causing a kernel panic, and the installer wouldn't load at all. I don't think that should be causing the problem I'm having though.

Thanks,

LULightTec

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
@lulighttech, try a different symbios and check the spec of the symbios you use is compatible with ML

tlac

tlac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
@rockinron_1

I followed your guide and I ran into a problem:

you says in the Part 2 - Creating the installer - 2.A. Preparing the USB
'5. Click Options -> select “GUID Partition Table”; check the format is set to “Mac OS X Extended (Journeled)”; name it “USB”'

But my motherboard does not support the booting from the GUID usb stick. It simply frozes during the post screen.
So I had to use the mbr format and I successfully installed the osx.

I think you should suggest the mbr instead of guid. my motherboard was very popular - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P.

xopher

xopher

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

@rockinron_1

I followed your guide and I ran into a problem:

you says in the Part 2 - Creating the installer - 2.A. Preparing the USB
'5. Click Options -> select “GUID Partition Table”; check the format is set to “Mac OS X Extended (Journeled)”; name it “USB”'

But my motherboard does not support the booting from the GUID usb stick. It simply frozes during the post screen.
So I had to use the mbr format and I successfully installed the osx.

I think you should suggest the mbr instead of guid. my motherboard was very popular - Gigabyte EP45-UD3P.

I might have run into the exact same problem. Didn't boot when trying to install with a GUID partitioned USB-stick. When I restored the usb-stick onto a partition on my (GUID partitioned) SSD, it worked fine.

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
I've heard of this problem before with some legacy systems, I've updated the guide accordingly. See step 7.5 if your interested.

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Lasers, Hackintoshes, Macs, Windows

@lulighttech, try a different symbios and check the spec of the symbios you use is compatible with ML

Each one I've used has been supposedly compatible according to the specs on the apple page. Any other thoughts?

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Excellent guide. However, I would make one edit: using a more updated version of FakeSMC. The one you linked to was version 2.5. The latest one is 4.2, which is available here: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1643

radlord

radlord

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
His guys I'm following this guide to update my working 10.7.2 build on an ASUS P5W-DH but I'm having the usual graphics card problems. I have a 6870 and it's causing annoying problems shunting everything down to the lower quarter of the monitor meaning I have to guess where the buttons are in order to progress the installation. This also means I can't customise it to my system properly either. Anyone know what causes this?

Relatedly once it is installed I get the hang at 'DSMOS has arrived'. I know this is something to do with boot.plist and editing my graphics kexts but I can't seem to find a guide telling me exactly what to edit and how to do it.

Any ideas ?

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts

Excellent guide. However, I would make one edit: using a more updated version of FakeSMC. The one you linked to was version 2.5. The latest one is 4.2, which is available here: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1643

Thanks for this, been wondering where the home of fakeSMC was, guide updated accordingly

His guys I'm following this guide to update my working 10.7.2 build on an ASUS P5W-DH but I'm having the usual graphics card problems. I have a 6870 and it's causing annoying problems shunting everything down to the lower quarter of the monitor meaning I have to guess where the buttons are in order to progress the installation. This also means I can't customise it to my system properly either. Anyone know what causes this?

Relatedly once it is installed I get the hang at 'DSMOS has arrived'. I know this is something to do with boot.plist and editing my graphics kexts but I can't seem to find a guide telling me exactly what to edit and how to do it.

Any ideas ?

Check this thread for the HD6870 issues http://www.insanelym...l=&fromsearch=1
(i've described the general fix in post #23 on this thread)
If that doesn't help you I suggest posting to the forum as I've personally not seen this problem so can't help you further

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Hi Ron,

Would you be able to tell me which SMBIOS I sshould use for my HP Pavilion dv6000?

Specs are in my signature.

Thanks.

NSCXP2005

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
GMA950 (your graphics card) is no longer supported in ML, your going to have to do some research if you want to get that working

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
I have a 950GMA Kext that makes ML work with my Graphics Chip.

I don't know if it gives me QE/CI but, I'll see if I can get a kext that makes that work.

I did have DP2 working but, when I tried to upgrade to DP3 it wouldn't boot the system after install.

I want to try your guide but, just want to make sure I am using the correct SMBIOS.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
Try the macbook 4.1 one or the macbookpro 4.1. They're probably closes to your system. Typically the smbios helps with graphics problems and since your gonna run into that anyway I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, Vanilla OS X, Chameleon, DSDT, Beginner, Guide, How-to

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy