[Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

889 posts in this topic

in bios: all usb enable hand off also and bluethooth was enabled always, so not bios related.

I think is from Chameleon Wizard the problem, because in the past installs i do remember i checked some of these options:

USB Bus Fix: Enable all USB fixes below:

EHCI Acquire Fix: Enable the EHCI fix.

UHCI Reset Fix: Enable the UHCI fix.

USB Legacy Off: Enable the USB Legacy fix.

i try now this methods to see if its enabled.

But however all usb controllers works fine and are recognized well in system info and in lspci, and also in about my mac system report. The thing is i find a lot of kext and discutions related, but each option could mess up all my usb 2.0 or 3.0 so i need a safe clear solution and all to work fine usb2.0 usb3.0 and bluetooth, maybe some dsdt edit.

About Pandora, i only install with fakeSMC, i like clean installs, and at post install i do all the settings, i custom my bootloader and etc ;)

PS: about my videocard, is working native full QE/IC, with myhack it sees 5600series, with pandora 5000series, with enoch 5670 series but fully works and also monitor recognized with GE=No, the problem was i didnt understand right the GraphicsEnabler=Yes option i though is a must to have to full enable the video, but i have put NO and miracle it works full, fast browsing folders everything fine :D, i didnt know that a video can work without that option set to yes :) and in OpenGL i get 950 fps in window size and 1670 fps fullscreen average at all tests , i found out this, installing a clean Mac OS only with fakeSMC and no options, and all was recognized perfect :D

LE: Not working with chameleon wizard for usb fix, tried all options bluetooth not enabled :| Help!!

LE: Also tried all combinations in Bios at USB, same dont know what to do more...

FakeSMC or lspci + updated ids could modifiy the installation of mac os, and disable somehow bluetooth? i dont think but i ask who knows :)

Hello,

I installed again fresh, retail installation only with fakesmc and lspci plus loader, same bluetooth apear in system report, but is not activated, also i saw this in the installer log, any ideea what to do more?

Jun 1 09:53:46 localhost Unknown[298]: 2013-06-01 09:53:46.303 LCA[297:707] LCA+BT2: systemHasBluetooth entry

Jun 1 09:53:46 localhost Unknown[298]: 2013-06-01 09:53:46.304 LCA[297:707] LCA+BT2: [[NSProcessInfo processInfo] processName] LCA

Jun 1 09:53:46 localhost Unknown[298]: 2013-06-01 09:53:46.304 LCA[297:707] LCA+BT2: systemHasBluetooth exit - controller = 0x0

LE: After reading a lot, i saw at other people same problem, the problem i identified was the bluetooth is recognized but not configured, and i thinked it is set off, what i do, i installed windows fast, and the bluetooth was activated on, i reboot, and boot to OSX, what do you think? bluetooth ON! :D

Installer Log 1-Jun-2013.txt

So most of this guide seems to be rather easy to do.

but I have some concerns.

Does it matter what mac os x lion dmg I use?

Not sure if certain dmg's work on certain pcs only.

I "found" one by iATKOS ML2 and have the regular apple lion dmg.

How will go on to boot to windows 8?

That is the one thing holding me back.

I will get the USB ready tonight and attempt install tomorrow.

So do I try using clover?

I am trying a guide made for a laptop like mine. It uses clover.

Mine is just a more high end version than the one used.

Also my laptop is an AMD.

Maybe that is why it does not work correctly?

I got the kernel for AMD machines,but that won't help if I can't boot.

We'll see if that works.

hello

u must boot with that kernel...

anyway is not easy doing a install with a desktop amd , with a notebook.. the chipset.. graphics..

and ML without graphics forget it..

always not easy to do a install in a notebook .. intel too .. amd ...

is a good idea .. always post u specs.. like we do in signature.. more easy to know about what are talking..

good hack

Okay I will update it later:

AMD A10-4600m APU 2.3ghz

AMD ATI 7660G graphics

8gb ram

If it is anything like virtual box then I will be okay.

Graphics Acceleration doesn't seem to be needed as much.

The person who posted a tutorial specs where:

AMD A6-4400m

There is A4,A6,A8, & A10 models.

The higher the number then higher the price/performance.

So I will check and see if that let's me boot.

Okay if anyone could help me out.

I used:

http://www.insanelym...h-macosx-distr/

I can boot to chameleon,so that is done :)

When I boot chameleon I get a bunch of disk to click on.

MAC OS(installer)

Windows partition(200mb)

Windows 8(500gb+)

MAC OS(150gb)

Blank Disk-not sure what this is!

When I click on the OSX installer. I get a bunch of letters and it reboot.

When I click on windows partition,I get something about windows loader,signature not verified.

Click Enter to continue and goes in circles and can't do anything.

Click on the blank disk, I get a bunch of Grass,weird!(looks like the mac background)

I can move the mouse,but that is it.

Any pointers?

Got chameleon loaded,clover does not load.

edit: clover loads! Need to fix some thing though!

Hello Arthur!

I fresh installed 10.8.4 and i tried to generate new SSDT with the script, but this is what i get now:

Last login: Wed Jun 12 04:59:09 on ttys000
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   422  100   422    0     0    339      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--   363
xxxxx$ chmod +x ssdtPRGen.sh
xxxxx$ ./ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2: `<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>'
xxxxx$ 

What do you think is the problem? maybe because new version in 10.8.4 of terminal?
I still have the SSDT generated in 10.8.3 is ok if i use this one till i can generate new one?

LE: After reboot it worked ;)

Hello Arthur,

After i put the DSDT.aml for my P8Z68-V PRO mb that you gave me check here             #387            , that you said it has the common patches already applied and fixes, in systeminfo.app i get:

8086 Intel Corporation 1c49 HM65 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller Bridge ISA bridge instead of Z68 Express Chipset why is that? And at kexts AppleLPC HM65 etc. If i remove the DSDT from chameleon wizard, it apears back to Z68 Express Chipset

Also in lspci either with DSDT or not it shows right:

localhost:~ xxxxxt$ lspci -b -nn

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Z68 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller [8086:1c44] (rev 05)

So is this all ok? I mention i only use DSDT for the audio enable with another AppleHDA.kext not original from OS X installer. My sound works this way: i replace the AppleHDA with another version 2.2mb not 2.5mb (original os) and i have also to put the dsdt you gaved me, should i try to enable sound with enoch layout id1 and stop use the dsdt?

hello

must test and see results with and without it

about the msg i think is only esthetic... like u say in lspci is showing allright

if u don't see any need of dsdt .. don't use it..

good hack

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thx for the info, i read all, but i didnt find any download link, in appstore maybe?

Also at this time the mbr patch can work? because i have only 1 usb stick of 16gb for the installer :| and the chameleon with no modification can work?

Any ideea if DP2 will come out soon? like 1 week or so, if not ill stick to DP1

I was just able to get Maverick up and running, but I am having the following issues:

1. I still can't boot into OSX from anything but this flashdrive. If I try to boot my computer any other way it just stalls briefly before booting into my Windows HDD.

2. The clock speed is working properly, however, when I restart it resets the time the clock thinks that it is.
3. I don't have functional networking (bluetooth/wifi/ethernet)

My system:
CPU: Intel i7 4770K
Mobo: Asus z87-Deluxe
GPU: Asus GTX660 ti
PSU: Corsair 600Wm
HDD: Some 500Gb drive that I had laying around
Ram: 2x4Gb corsair vengeance

Please help!

hello

is out of topic

mav is for developers.. if u don't have a 100% install in 10.8.4 forget mav.. anyway is dp1 full of bugs.. if u are a hack with some skills .. if not.. forget it.. this topic is about vanilla install 10.8 ML

so..

good hack

hello

is out of topic

mav is for developers.. if u don't have a 100% install in 10.8.4 forget mav.. anyway is dp1 full of bugs.. if u are a hack with some skills .. if not.. forget it.. this topic is about vanilla install 10.8 ML

so..

good hack

Sorry to break rules, it was unintentional. I just don't have the appropriate hard ware to run 10.8.4 (ie i have haswell stuff)

• 1 month later...

Hi... I have followed this guide strictly.. As a beginner It helped me so much.. but i m stuck at Step 3A.2.. After 3A.1 "OS X" option is not coming instead i get "Mac OSX Base system" (I think OSx installer is not coming)..

post-1196284-0-35166000-1374765195_thumb.jpg

If I enter that im getting the following error..

post-1196284-0-58594200-1374765108_thumb.jpg

Pls help..

PS: (I haven't used the 2.2svn-r2254-i386.zip file at all (which i downloaded along with chameleon bootloader installer) till step 3A.1)

I Have

HP pavilion dv6116tx

Intel i3(2nd gen)

Intel HD3000 Graphics with AMD Radeon HD6490M(but i m using fixed mode graphics)

4GB ram