Sleep issue *SOLVED*

Snow

31 posts in this topic

I'm using Chimera 1.10 and I installed ML also with ######. Sleep doesn't work (or rather wake up).

Ah so now we're getting somewhere, this ###### might have messed up our install drive. I will try another method (more vanilla) later today and report back.

I'm still surpised though that this would be the culprit. I'm sure our install must have other issues besides sleep but I haven't had the time to test it thoroughly.

Nope, no matter what I try HD's and monitor sleep but fans keep spinning and I have to reset.

I'm so close but I depend on sleep so it's useless to me now.

I've tried just about everything except BIOS tweaks and DSDT (which is not needed)

Everything else works, and very well, even USB 3,0 SuperSpeed Bus is recognised OOTB.

Thanks

Console reports this:

kernel: Sleep failure code 0x00000000 0x19006700

Well, I'm quite embarrassed now :blush:

Alright here goes, the above error code led me to a post on another forum :plane:

which in turn lead to looking into speedstepper issues but I didn't find a proper solution :wallbash:

So when I was about to gave up again, I laughed and for fun checked my extensions dir again to see if the NullCPU kext was in there (of course not right, that's the first thing to check having sleep issues) :rolleyes:

Well, It was :poster_oops:

Somehow I missed this and sleep is working fine now (of course) :thumbsup_anim:

So thanks all for your help and forgive my stupidity, I'll make sure it won't happen again. :whistle:

Yup, to celebrate I thought I would have a little fun with them smilies, apologies again...

Take care lads and have a great weekend.