Sleep issue *SOLVED*

Snow

31 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Got everything working except for sleep, goes standby but fans keep spinning and hard reset is required.

I have done everything required to run Lion except for patching RTC.

No dsdt needed for this mobo (in Lion), using FakeSMC, removed NullCPU…, smbios and org.chameleon in extra (chimera boot)

Do I need to patch RTC or use DSDT?

Thanks

You need a properly patched DSDT for sleep to work.

Even though I don't require one in my Lion install? I specifically bought this mobo to avoid dsdt/sleepenabler.

I will look into this mate, thanks.

I was having the same problem like you but only I'm using a different motherboard i.e Asus P6T, after the RTC patch, my ML can go to sleep....

Ah, hopefuly that is the case, will try right away, thanks for the notice mate!

Update: Doesn't seem to be working. I patched AppleRTC and replaced in S/L/E but no go, everything goes standby but fans keep spinning and I have to reset.

I think sleep is working well but i can't wake my hackintosh up from sleep. The screen stays black and the LED is blinking, but there is no "no signal" message.

I'm using a DSDT and applied the RTC patch. Before I did this, I only got a CMOS reset.

• Like 1

I think sleep is working well but i can't wake my hackintosh up from sleep. The screen stays black and the LED is blinking, but there is no "no signal" message.

I'm using a DSDT and applied the RTC patch. Before I did this, I only got a CMOS reset.

I have darkwake in org.chameleon.Boot.plist like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

and It comes back from sleep just fine

I have darkwake in org.chameleon.Boot.plist like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>

and It comes back from sleep just fine

Hmm mine is set to 3000:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

Hopefully this solves my issue because I'm out of ideas, tried just about everything.

Hmm mine is set to 3000:

Hopefully this solves my issue because I'm out of ideas, tried just about everything.

If darwake doesn't work, try also with:

<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>

as this fixed wake from sleep on an Asus board that I have.

If darwake doesn't work, try also with:

<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>

as this fixed wake from sleep on an Asus board that I have.

Will do bro, thanks. I'll be back with update.

I did mate, but it's forbidden!!!!! to talk about ML until official release :)

Even if it's for testing purposes.

I would suggest you remove the link/name to their site mate, just in case, perhaps call it tmx86 or something.

Thanks for the help btw

• Like 1

Snow, AFAIK a DSDT or SleepEnabler is required for sleep, I don't think any hackintosh can sleep without one of them. SleepEnabler is very, very, very, very easy to install, and the DSDT patches are easy; look them up on http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php those patches are what I use.

And, are you sure that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is in /S/L/E?

Snow, AFAIK a DSDT or SleepEnabler is required for sleep, I don't think any hackintosh can sleep without one of them. SleepEnabler is very, very, very, very easy to install, and the DSDT patches are easy; look them up on http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php those patches are what I use.

Hey uh, mind if I just call you Pooky? where do some of you come up with these names haha, I need typing lessons to spell some of those

Anywayyyy, on my Lion install I do not use Sleepenabler or DSDT, not needed with Z77-DS3H and I specifically upgraded to that board for that reason.

AppleCPU is in there yup.

Weird innit, I thought ML would require the same as Lion but I guess I'll have to built a dsdt again.

Oh, I'm using Chimera 1.10 if that helps.

I'm using a Z77X UD5H, sleep and wake works fine. I don't use any dsdt.aml or sleepenabler

I'm using a Z77X UD5H, sleep and wake works fine. I don't use any dsdt.aml or sleepenabler

Well, then, I stand corrected. :) It must be only for some like my P45-UD3P.

Hey uh, mind if I just call you Pooky? where do some of you come up with these names haha, I need typing lessons to spell some of those

ROFL that's just fine, that's usually how I'm known around here. :P If you want to know where I got the name from you can check the last page of the "Explain your nickname thread" in Thunderdome and Random Stuff sub forum (might be the next-to-last page).

Well, then, I stand corrected. :) It must be only for some like my P45-UD3P.

ROFL that's just fine, that's usually how I'm known around here. :P If you want to know where I got the name from you can check the last page of the "Explain your nickname thread" in Thunderdome and Random Stuff sub forum (might be the next-to-last page).

Thehe, I will check it out mate, as soon as I get sleep working ;)

Forgot to mention that I installed ML on SSD and have 4 other internal HDD's connected (Lion, Win, 2x storage)

Okay maybe the installation methods that you and Taruga was using are different. As I stand correctly that I can't get ML to got to sleep when I used myhack method but after I did a reinstallation using Ermac's method here ( http://translate.goo...wtopic%3D276216 ) I can get ML go to sleep.

Well, to be honest I used ####### because I could not manage to create a working install on my USB drive (Missing Essenital Software)

Latest ##### worked for ML but it might have messed up somewhere because I'm sure it's built for ML.

I can't believe this would be the issue in my case though, evertyhing works except sleep. Are all of you with working sleep using Chameleon or Chimera?