Does my PC stand a chance?

HackthatMac

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have just built a PC, and am running Mac OSX in VMWare.

Just wondering if my PC could ever run as a proper Hackintosh.

Cheers

Ivy Bridge 3570k

AMD 7970

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 with Broadcomm LAN

SanDisk Extreme SSD

WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Ask me if you need any more specs (:

yes, and those chances get better everyday. Just look here in on he net as there is info available about each of those devices, although maybe not all together in one build. But as with any new hardware, as time goes on support should get better, as far as I know you can get up and running now with some research and patience

As far as I know, there is half of what is needed in latest releases, accelerator but no frame buffer. So all sign point towards support at some time in the future, but not guaranteed. If it does become supported via hack or natively, netkas will probably be the first to post, just be mindful that many post there refer to usage of PC GPU's in real MacPro's and are not always things to be doing on a hackintosh. Looks like for this turn, if your wanting a new high end GPU, Nvidia is gonna be the best way to go.

Reading again realized you got a 7970, which is even less likely than 7870 will ever be. Don't mean to sound rude, but these are the type of things you really should look into before buying hardware and then deciding you want a hackintosh. Works sooo much better when you do it the other way around.

Hello,

I have just built a PC, and am running Mac OSX in VMWare.

Just wondering if my PC could ever run as a proper Hackintosh.

Cheers

Ivy Bridge 3570k

AMD 7970

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 with Broadcomm LAN

SanDisk Extreme SSD

WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Ask me if you need any more specs (:

Hi

like others have said it, you can install OS X Lion on your config (need a patched kernel) but the better support is on OS X Mountain Lion (native support). Your AMD 7970 don't have support for yet, so no QE/CI ! But don't change anything, just be patient ! ;)

Cordially