DVD Player Problem

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, So every time I insert a DVD it will sometimes work and other times it will cause a kernel panic. I thought that it had to be a problem with my DVD drive so I switched it out with another one. To only find out that the panics still occur. That means that it's not a hardware related problem.

It's a SATA drive as well. I have patiently waiting a month to get any sort of help, so if any of you have any ideas of how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the support!

-Clayf700

Panic (cpu 0 caller 0x55e00b): "getPhysicalSegment() out of 32b range 0x137184000, len 0x100, class IOGeneralMemoryDescriptor" @ users/nawcom/xnu-1504.15.3/iokit/kernel/IOMemoryDescriptor.cpp:1584

img0440er.jpg

img0437y.jpg

img0434vm.jpg

This error will occur under mach_kernel_atom (ANV's) and legacy_kernel (Nawcom's). DVD Player will always crash, and front row will also crash as soon as the DVD tab is hit. VLC will work though. It most likely does not have to do with my video card, because it will run SCII flawlessly. Also booting under IDE, not capable of booting under AHCI.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

/Extensions Folder:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AtherosWifiInjector.kext

BroadcomWifiInjector.kext

ElliottForceLegacy.kext

EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext

EvilOPCIFamily.kext

EvOreboot.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IOATAFamily.kext