Reboot / Black Screen After Loading kext

kilian

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, i got a problem with the install of ML Gm version. First of all with 10.7.4 no problems only when i try to install ML from USB key.

After the kexts loaded the system hangs on Black Screen. i've tried different version of Chameleon (from 1928 to 2011) and different versions of FakeSMC with no result.

How can i fix the problem? It's a bootloader problem and the only thing to fix this problem is "patience" ? :)

Thanks in advance

Federico

Hi all, i got a problem with the install of ML Gm version. First of all with 10.7.4 no problems only when i try to install ML from USB key.

After the kexts loaded the system hangs on Black Screen. i've tried different version of Chameleon (from 1928 to 2011) and different versions of FakeSMC with no result.

How can i fix the problem? It's a bootloader problem and the only thing to fix this problem is "patience" ? :)

Thanks in advance

Federico

Try to use com.apple.Boot.plist from 10.7.4 and rename it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist if you are using Chameleon release above 11xx

Let us know result.

Best of Luck

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. Initially, I thought my E5200 wasn't ML "supported" and the new mach_kernel was causing my reboots but I tested this on an i7-equipped laptop and yielded the same results so now i'm confused. The i7 should have had no problem loading both the kernel and the installer, it meets all the requirements. I hope someone knows something we don't...

I'm an idiot. Out of habit, I formatted my USB HDD as MBR for the ML install which it refuses to use. After reformatting it to GUID and testing again everything worked as it should and within a few minutes, the installer screen popped up. Maybe my honest mistake will help someone else. ;-p