ML GM Install Black Screen

10 posts in this topic

Trying to install ML GM, my system is

i5 760

Asus P7P55D-E Pro

nVidia 550ti

Im getting a black screen after showing the apple boot screen. I think its a video problem have tried the following

graphicsenabler=no/yes

both options don't do anything. Any tips

Me too getting black screen even after using npci=x3000 black screen after [iOBluetoothHCIController][start]--completed.It is so fast that I cannot even take a pic. Please some one help,Lion works fine on my PC.

Configuration of my PC is:

Intel core2duo 2.93GHz,4GB DDR2,Geforce 8800GT.Gigabyte G31M-ES2C mobo

Please Help

I had a similar issue and after i knew it had booted to the install screen (but i couldn't see anything), i pushed the power button on my hack to put it to sleep. Then i woke it up and the screen showed up and i could proceed with the install.

I got it working finally. I deleted following kexts , I did the deletion manually of those kexts and it boots into installation. Installing now......

rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*

rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000*rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics*rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kextrm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kextrm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBVA.bundlerm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/ATI*rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*rm -rf /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV*

Thanks so much Sharon, I deleted the kexts u mentioned plus 2 additional ones and it works, without any parameters like GraphicsEnabler:

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000*

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics*

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

/System/Library/Extensions/ATI*

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForce*

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV*

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGF100Hal*

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAGK100Hal*

Now I got it installed but the only possible resolution ist 1280x1024, with NVDAGF100Hal.kext it keeps crashing after loading the kexts... + Can't even boot to single user anymore :P