4 replies to this topic

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello everyone!

I am currently in the market for a new laptop and am intent on getting one that will make a good Hackintosh. (by the time I get it, i'll probably put Mountain Lion on it) I am looking for something within the sub-$500 price range, and having sleep working is a must for me.
Currently, I have found this laptop in the wiki that looks like a viable option.

The HP MacProBook 4530s, featuring:

Intel Core i3-2350M
Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Comments please? As long as QE/CI works at full resolution, I'll probably be happy. The wiki says "Can be finicky, but it works with full resolution.")
Ralink RT3592 Wireless Card (It looks like I might have to swap it out for an AR5B195, but that's no big deal.
4 GBs of 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM
Last but not least: According to the wiki, SLEEP WORKS!
Lots of other details that I won't bother putting here...

I also saw the Dell Latitude e6400, but I think that it might be a bit too old at this point.

If anyone has any comments about the model or hopefully more models for me to consider, it will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-instant idiot

snackole

snackole

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I got the 4430s with an i5-2430 and just love it.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
If I'm not mistaken, the 4430s is just the 14-inch version of the 4530s. Does sleep "just work," or is there anything that has to be done?

snackole

snackole

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Yes it is just the smaller version. Sleep works perfectly but bluetooth stops working after waking up. Do a google search and you will find a great guide plus installer that makes it really easy to set everything up.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
I've got my 4530s and am loving it. After I've had it for a while, I'll make an entry in the wiki and probably make a guide that doesn't inculde any installers that "makes it really easy to set everything up." ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intel hd graphics 3000, laptop, notebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy