Slow Boot ML - Waiting for DSMOS

14 posts in this topic

hi all

i have some problem with ML i installed and work all stuff audio , sleep , video all like at lion but now i got problem at slow booting...

i use verbose mode booting all time cause i like always to see how system start, and now i see system stopping at dsmos and need 30-40s for dsmos arrived text.

When lion was out i tried to install to my pc and i got same issue i fixed at lion with MB and processor change... and now at ML i got sam thing so i need new MB and PROC? :(

My config is GA-P45-DS3R + 8 gb ram + 64gb SSD + Intel 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo processor

Thx for answer sry for bad english :)

Good move on always booting verbose, I wish everyone would! As buoo mentioned, start by disconnecting everything but the minimum required devices like your boot HD and GPU. Check GPU enabling methods and PCIroot ID are correct. Then verify kernel cache is being built correctly and you are using it when you boot.

Hey nhcsaba, i had the same issue and i fixed it:

Add this string to org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>SystemId</key>
<string>**</string>

Replace the ** with the key generated from this site

P.S.: I also installed Chimera, but i think the boot loader is not the problem! :)

Source

• Like 1

gio: SystemID override should only be necessary in a few edge cases when Chameleon can't generate and set it automatically.

Since this feature was introduced by Rekursor I think around two years ago I've only ever seen one post about automatic system id not working.

nhc: Look in System Profiler, if it's already showing a Platform ID or Hardware ID (not on OS X right now, can't check what it's called exactly) in the style of the number listed if you follow the link above, then you don't need this.

I don't know why but Chameleon, on my HP 6720s had an error about UUID at startup (maybe, as you say, it could not generate a new UUID). Then, when i added that string, i got 3 fixes:

~FaceTime is working

~iCloud is working

~DSMOS Slow boot was fixed

I didn't have this problem on my HP G62 and on my old Desktop PC

what's your graphics card and what are you using to get it working?

Did you connect a particolar device in your hackintosh or an HDD with other file system?

I have 9500gt work fine in SL , in LION , and in ML too.

I not connected any extreme device just the basic HW have connected

<key>SystemId</key>
<string>**</string>

P.S.: I also installed Chimera, but i think the boot loader is not the problem! :)

Source

thx , i writed it but still slow at dsmos and before when have that FIPS .... things

Good move on always booting verbose, I wish everyone would! As buoo mentioned, start by disconnecting everything but the minimum required devices like your boot HD and GPU. Check GPU enabling methods and PCIroot ID are correct. Then verify kernel cache is being built correctly and you are using it when you boot.

all components works fine this is my chameleon boot plist:

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Choose_Your_OS</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>33279fd0-cc8f-11e1-9b23-0800200c9a66</string>

i dont know what was happen but now DSMOS have good arriving time just i have slowing at FIPS. how can we speed up this "FIPS" processes?

my mountain lion verbose boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApV1-MitozI&feature=g-upl

my lion 10.7.4 verbose boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDgjk-b0QUo&feature=g-upl

and i have a stupid question this GM will be the final version of ML yes?

I not connected any extreme device just the basic HW have connected

all components works fine this is my chameleon boot plist:

I'm not sure what is considered an extreme device, except maybe an illudium Q- 36 explosive space modulator, or a pseudorandom kernel panic generator, or maybe any non-apple hardware on a brand new release of OSX. I think your missing the point, when troubleshooting, eliminate variables first even if they seem to work fine. If everything worked fine, why are we here?

• Like 1

i dont know what was happen but now DSMOS have good arriving time just i have slowing at FIPS. how can we speed up this "FIPS" processes?

my mountain lion verbose boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApV1-MitozI&feature=g-upl

my lion 10.7.4 verbose boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDgjk-b0QUo&feature=g-upl

and i have a stupid question this GM will be the final version of ML yes?

It has nothing todo with fips, as you can see, fips is already done at that point.

I have this issue with Clover as Bootloader, with Chameleon (Ermac 2003) Mountain Lion needs only 5 Sec to boot (SSD)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to giofrida!

This fix solved my slow boot problem! Love you :)

<key>SystemId</key>
<string>**</string>

Source

• 2 months later...

Since this feature was introduced by Rekursor I think around two years ago I've only ever seen one post about automatic system id not working.

I'm the third in your list ;-)

Fixed the long delay (1 minute) during boot. This occured since 10.7.

Using Tonymacs files, Chimera 1.11.1 , chameleon-boot.plist edited with UUID.

not working:sleep (10.8.2)

minimal DSDT, fakesmbios.kext, no NullCPUEnabler.kext no sleepenabler

(sleep was ok with 10.8.1 using NCPUEnabler, sleepenabler, no dsdt)

MSI H67M-E45 (old F1-BIOS) OSX 10.8.2

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone still having problems with their SSD causing slow boot, here is a fix. Open Terminal and enter the code (cut and paste) ONE line at a time, not as a block. Restart. Sometimes you might have to repeat the process twice. I am not sure as to why this is. Others who have used this code reported success after the 2nd time. Odd eh? I also like to use Kext Wizard to repair permissions and rebuild the system kext cache. I have 10.8.2 installed on a Corsair Force 3 120GB and ML boots up in 1.5 seconds (complete rotations of the spinner) once the startup logo appears.

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv IOAHCIBlockStorage IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig
sudo cp IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig IOAHCIBlockStorage
/usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\xeb\x4c\x00\x00\xea\x03|\xeb\x4c\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
/usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\xa5\x90\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\xbb\x4b\x00\x00\xeb\x03|\xbb\x4b\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\xb2\x91\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xeb\x03|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\x72\x92\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage