Slow i7 920 over ML GM

Sapo

10 posts in this topic

Yes, I am using DSDT F13 bios for EX58-UD5 from tonymac database

My CPU is at factory speed, 2.8 GHz and memory at 1600 MHz.

This is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>2</string>

Thanks for your answer.

Sapo.

I, too, am having speed issues with Mountain Lion.

I have an i7-2600k at 4800ghz on an Asus P8Z68-V Pro, patched bios 3402. Geekbench64 rates me at over 17,000 in Lion 10.7.4 and only 11,000 in Mountain Lion.

Not sure where to really begin ...

Add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, reboot and rerun benches to see if any change in scores.

<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And please, don't tell me about how your USB already works just fine, which I'm sure it does.

Thanks for your help, but the results are the same.

I tried to add the C and P states.

<key> GenerateCStates </ key>

<string> Yes </ string>

<key> GeneratePStates </ key>

<string> Yes </ string>

Now, Novabench rises from 700 to 1020, and Geekbench rises from 4000 to 6700, maybe still low.

Curiously Novabench FPS have doubled, about 2000.

The only negative effect is the high pitch tone coming from the CPU.

Thanks for the help.

Sapo

try the f12 bios, been seeing a few people having speed issues with that version. This could be caused by the bios its self or possible that DSDT is garbage. With proper edits P&C states should not need to be added to chameleon so somethings not right there. You can also extract just the SSDT tables and add one or all of them to your Extra folder to load the different speed stepping states as well. I put my SSDT table into my DSDT which has been working well for a while now.

Sorry for the delay.

I've been testing windows 7 novabench difference between ML GM is only 40 points.

Indeed, higher graphics performance is due to the solution that you proposed at first.

Thanks for your help, we will continue testing.

Sapo

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay.

I've been testing windows 7 novabench difference between ML GM is only 40 points.

Indeed, higher graphics performance is due to the solution that you proposed at first.

Thanks for your help, we will continue testing.

Sapo

Just to be sure and so people don't think I'm crazy, the GPU fps changed with USBBusFix=Yes?

40 point difference from Windows is pretty good, 9 out of 10 times windows will get better benchmark scores, but in my option OSX still out preforms Win in most real world usage.

Just to be sure and so people don't think I'm crazy, the GPU fps changed with USBBusFix=Yes? :king:

Yes, the graphic test in Novabench without "USBBusFi =Yes" was between 1.000 and 1.100fps, with "USBBusFix=Yes" is between 1.900 and 2.000 fps.

• Like 1