Monitor your temperature under OSX

aberracus

117 posts in this topic

Conroe, Yonah and Merom all have CPU temp sensor info tranmitted from the chip. Older chips use MB sensors. It WOULD be great to have the info from Winbond W83627EHF sensor. My Gigabyte MoD MB using Yonah cpu gets the cpu temp info but my MSI with Pentium D Prescott does not.

• 2 weeks later...

I see only the temperature of my first hard disk.

after installing the x86 components i got the strange warning ' operating system components stopped responding' ;) i don't know what that means, maybe i f***ed up my system by trying to install frontrow with the enabler (which screws up some system files with an x86 system) :D

Intel has change the way the CPU temp. probe works (and probably the location within the CPU too).

This seem to result in temperatures being reported that are higher than what is expected (especially when compared with older processors).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well, this program is a little strange.

only two of my three hard disks get recognized, both PATA, my SATA drive which has jas10.4.8 isn't recognized.

also if i goto Window-Show System Info, it recognizes my motherboard and processor (in sig), but no temp.

ideas???

My Ab9 Pro and AW9D-Max reports CPU temps but I'm guessing it's not the motherboards as much as the Core2Duo CPUs. However temps are high as previously reported. Windows says ~34 idle, I get ~58 idle in OSX. Also, only one drive reports HDD temp (eventhough SMART is reported to work) when in IDE mode, all of them work in AHCI mode.

Does anyone know of a way to calibrate the sensors in a better way?

Edited by tomtefar

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Conroe945G users and other owners of MoBo's with Winbond W83627EHF/EHG sensor. I developed very very simple, console utility, that monitors 3 temps and VCore. Just install attached package, restart and type in terminal

thermo

CTRL+Z to exit.

thermo.pkg.zip

Edited by DaemonES

At first it only showed my SATA temp because I just downloaded the widget. After downloading the full monitor program, it asks you if you want to install X86 extensions, then it detected my CPU. Then you can run the widget and it will display both.

BTW I'm also on an XPS m1210 with the 100GB 7200RPM Seagate.

Edited by seaDonkey

Hey Conroe945G users and other owners of MoBo's with Winbond W83627EHF/EHG sensor. I developed very very simple, console utility, that monitors 3 temps and VCore. Just install attached package, restart and type in terminal

thermo

CTRL+Z to exit.

installed, but how to use it?

• 2 weeks later...

thermo

CTRL+Z to exit.

Works great on the ASUS P5LD2-VM SE board. CPU monitors CPU, AUX seems to be the system sensor and the SYS monitors ? it seems stuck on 28 with the occasional flick to 29. Vcore all good. Now if anyone knows how to get a read from a 7600 i'll be happy as a pig in {censored}....

Edited by consolation

i also found that Temperature Monitor and Temperature monitor Lite work on core2duo and coreduo chips as it installs the driver for it and read temps from the core.

dosent matter the mobo manufacturer cause i have it installed on various machines. just as long as its core2duo or Core duo proccessor

Edited by DiaboliK