Audio doesn't show as built-in in System Profiler

Riley Freeman

9 posts in this topic

I just realised last night why the Audio section on my Hack looked a bit weird. The onboard ALC883 shows up as Audio in System Profiler, not Audio (Built-in).

screenshot20120712at101.png

I've added "built-in" to the HDEF section of my DSDT but it still looks like this. What am I missing?

giofrida, I added that to the DSDT but there's no change.

This is how the section looks (just in case I made a mistake, but it compiled without error)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    Store (Package (0x06)
				    {
					    "AAPL,slot-name",
					    Buffer (0x0A)
					    {
						    "Built-In"
					    },
					    "layout-id",
					    Buffer (0x04)
					    {
						    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
					    },
					    "PinConfigurations",
					    Buffer (Zero) {}
				    }, Local0)
			    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
			    Return (Local0)
		    }

I wonder if it might be a problem with the edited files in my AppleHDA (I posted them here previously). It's always looked like this, even in SL.

The most important thing is that it works, but I'd like to try and get it looking correct.

Maybe the Method (_DSM) works only in the section 'PCI Cards' in System Profiler. I have a laptop, and i have built in audio (in the Audio section) but i don't know if there's a DSDT hack to change it.

No, it could be that the section has been renamed. I was just assuming that the chip not being detected as built-in might be the cause for how my ALC883 is being displayed. It should look like this:

audio5xr8.jpg

So really what I'm trying to figure out is how to get rid of that additional "Devices" category above the Intel HDA one.