Mountain Lion Install Help

15 posts in this topic

I am trying to install mountain lion on my desktop. I am running 10.7.4 right now flawless. I did the usb loader 2 times, even have an empty 16gb to test install too. This is what happens, boots, click on the mac install, white screen, apple, then blank..Screen loses connection or restarts...Had both happen

I5-760

ASUS P7H55-M PRO Intel i3 i5 H55 1156 Motherboard

Geforce 8800 GT 512mb

4gb DDR3

How do I insert the modded one? I am running lion 10.7.4 and want to upgrade. I did make a usb loader where would this go?

ok I tried the -v graphicsenabler=no

It did the same thing but before it blacked out

It said smbios failed acpi failed to find provide..

Just remove "NVDANV50Hal.kext" from the flash drive. It's in /System/Library/Extensions

But after installing ML you'll have the same problem.

Boot with -x

Some 8800GT are giving us problems though it was always a good card.

Till DP3 there was no problem. Don't know what Apple did after that?

I got tired of trying, went out got a 550Ti card, wouldn't hardly work in 10.7.4, got even more tired, picked up a 430GT and boom, hdmi sound out, video, high def and speed..I am still on 10.7.4 though..I am now afraid to change

You don't have to "change". Make another partition and give ML a try.

I can't go back to Lion after I got ML to work.

New tabs gesture for Safari (for Magic TrackPad), Notes app, silky-smooth Dock. :D

Oh, and downloads can be canceled via the Downloads dock stack.

Ok still trying and every time it the monitor goes into sleep mode before I even hit the install screen..I am running a 430GT now..It supports sound through hdmi out which I finally got working Same system overall. Just can't keep this stupid monitor from shutting off during loading

I5-760

ASUS P7H55-M PRO Intel i3 i5 H55 1156 Motherboard

Geforce 430 GT 1024mb

8gb DDR3

I am using a

Gigabyte Z77-UD5H i7-2600kwith HD6870.

It is working ok on Lion. Normally an easy config, it can run with only the bootloader and fakesmc.kext.

I prepared the USB according to instructions on the site (including adding my Fakesmc). I booted in verbose mode.

All seems to works ok with some warnings (as usual with Lion). The screen turns to white, the arrow of the mouse appears and nothing else except some access to the USB drive. (Mouse is responsive). Probably wait something that is not coming.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

I am using a

Gigabyte Z77-UD5H i7-2600kwith HD6870.

It is working ok on Lion. Normally an easy config, it can run with only the bootloader and fakesmc.kext.

I prepared the USB according to instructions on the site (including adding my Fakesmc). I booted in verbose mode.

All seems to works ok with some warnings (as usual with Lion). The screen turns to white, the arrow of the mouse appears and nothing else except some access to the USB drive. (Mouse is responsive). Probably wait something that is not coming.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

I found a solution:

Problem is with graphic card. You should remove ati6000 kext (save it) and replace it by Lion version and put GraphicEnabler to no.

After installation you can put it back repare permissions and set GraphicEnabler to Yes

I still cannot get mountain lion to even get to the install screen, this stupid pci config begins on all the computers I have tried..I7, i5, etc..Tried the flags npci=0x2000,the 3000, PCIRooTUID=0 and then 1, Graphichs enabler off and on, bus ratio different speeds..help please