Can't install Mountain Lion

20 posts in this topic

System Specs....

CPU i5 2500K

Mobo Asus P8Z68-v LX

8GB DDR3 1033GHZ RAM

120GB SATA III SSD and 500GB HDD

GFX MSI Radeon 6870 1GB

Everything is running perfect with os x 10.7.4, no problems at all. I have tried to install all versions of mountain lion from DP1 to GM and i get the same problem. I follow the this tut http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=995 and other tut that i found on this forum and after i make my bootable jump drive and boot from it, it loads the boot loader and the process gets stuck on a white screen. I can see it loads up the GFX drivers because the resolution changes on the screen and i can move the mouse curser but it dose not jump into the installation process. It's been driving me crazy for days now and i just can seem to find the problem. At first i thought it might be the source .DMG but i have downloaded different .DMGs from different sources and get the same problem. Please if some one can help i wold be very thankful.

• Like 1

Did you try remove the graphics card and install using the onboard graphics? I think the onboard graphics (Intel 3000) will at least let you install.

Unfortunately my board does not include onboard graphics and I don't have an alternate card available

I finally solved my problem thanks to this post http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276380 (thank ^andy^).

When the screen turns white and you see the mouse curser hit the power button so it goes into sleep mode wait a cople of seconds and wake with your mouse and the install process will contineu.

Unfortunately this does not work for me in either S1 or S3 suspend. The system returns from sleep but the display won't wake.

I have the exact same problem, but with Radeon HD 6850. Under Lion, it is running perfectly. :help:

Solved mine by using Chimera 1.10 bootloader, and adding this inside org.Chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>

If you are using HD68x0 remove ATI6000.kext from USB

Removing this kext stopped the gui from coming up at all (where it was hanging on the white screen w/ mouse cursor). Also verified that my device ID was in the ATI6000.kext already

Solved mine by using Chimera 1.10 bootloader, and adding this inside org.Chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>

Unfortunately still hangs at the white screen for me :(

Any other ideas guys?

Removing this kext stopped the gui from coming up at all (where it was hanging on the white screen w/ mouse cursor). Also verified that my device ID was in the ATI6000.kext already

Unfortunately still hangs at the white screen for me :(

Any other ideas guys?

Have you AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext in S/L/E?

I have this problem before and now it's working. This kext was missing and I have stopped on white screen, too. I have extracted it from ML GM.dmg with Pacifist.

Have you AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext in S/L/E? I have this problem before and now it's working. This kext was missing and I have stopped on white screen, too. I have extracted it from ML GM.dmg with Pacifist.

pavolajco, do you have a ATI Radeon 68xx card working properly in Mountain Lion GM? I've been banging my head into a wall for 2 days now trying to get it to work.

pavolajco, do you have a ATI Radeon 68xx card working properly in Mountain Lion GM? I've been banging my head into a wall for 2 days now trying to get it to work.

Yes, I do. And I have Radeon HD 6870... I found that my device id 67381002 was in AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext -> plist and in ATI6000Controller.kext, too. But normally I didn't had AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext in S/L/E. I had to put it there.

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x67381002 0x67391002 0x67201002 0x67221002</string>

• Like 1

Yes, I do. And I have Radeon HD 6870... I found that my device id 67381002 was in AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext -> plist and in ATI6000Controller.kext, too. But normally I didn't had AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext in S/L/E. I had to put it there.

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x67381002 0x67391002 0x67201002 0x67221002</string>

Weird my ATI6000Controller.kext doesn't have a Info.plist in it. Would you mind zipping your AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI6000Controller.kext so i could take a look at them? Just to verify (and for my sanity) you're running 10.8 GM, correct?

Weird my ATI6000Controller.kext doesn't have a Info.plist in it. Would you mind zipping your AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext and ATI6000Controller.kext so i could take a look at them? Just to verify (and for my sanity) you're running 10.8 GM, correct?

press right mouse button on kext and select "Show package contents" it will open new Finder window. inside it's info.plist. Now I'm under Snow Leo, but I have successfully installed 10.8 GM today after two days of reading threads about it on internet.

also look at this thread, there are some people with ML GM+radeon 68xx installed:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=279730

Thanks, for the info. I'm restoring the original kexts from the BaseSystem.dmg and am going to see how that goes. I think something got messed up on the original copy over because all of my ATI kexts didn't have info.plist files in their package contents.

After the restore finishes I'll put the radeon back in and see if it works.

EDIT: It worked. I have full everything now. Looks great too :) I guess something farked up when copying the kexts to the harddrive.

Edited by slave-zeo

Slave-zeo i got mine to work by going into my lion partition before my first boot on my mountain lion partition and removed

ATI6000Controller.kext. Then booted into 10.8 and went

through the first boot process and that was done i installed back ATI6000Controller.kext using kext wizard. GFX is working perfect. My problem is that i can't open the App Store because it doesn't respond but I can use iCloud. Can anybody help me with that.

I've noticed that when i install the RealtekRTL81xx.kext the app store doesn't work but when i don't install it and i use my wi-fi pci card it loads the default driver and app store works but iCloud does not. Any help please.

Ok, i did fresh install again but this time i did not install

RealtekRTL81xx.kext and i'm only using de default kext for my wifi PCI card and

everything but iCloud is working. App Store, Mail, Remainders, etc. they all work. Any body can help fixing my iCloud?