Chimera v1.10 or Chameleon v2.0.0 RC5

castrobaldin

4 posts in this topic

Hello

So i wanted to give chimera a shot, installed it on my notebook, everything working fine except Trackpad. The preferences of Trackpad say -No Trackpad Found- so I can't modify it to be 2 fingers scroll 1 finger tap etc. I tried to add new trackpad kexts but no luck.

What should I do, stay with old stable chameleon or update to the latest chimera

Also, whats the difference between them

Thanks (and sorry my keyboard is not on my language so there is no points)

Chameleon is at 2.1 now: http://forge.voodoop...rg/p/chameleon/

RC does not mean "remote control", it is short for "Release Candidate", as in final release.

The final version of Chameleon 2.0 was released almost a year ago and so any version labelled RC is older than that.

Chameleon provides some hooks for Mac OS X to work better with your PC hardware, it cannot 'drive' hardware. Therefore, Chameleon (or Chimera) have nothing to do with whether your trackpad works or not. Your trackpad needs a driver loaded for it in order to work and that doesn't happen until your operating system is up and running.

Chimera is a branch of Chameleon that forms the base of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] from TonyMac. If you want to use their product, go to their forum for support. I don't know what it does that 'vanilla' Chameleon can't do, if anything. You can compare the source code of the two by following the link above.

• Like 1

So, I have a fully working OS X. I just got curious because with Chameleon the trackpad works fine but with Chimera, the same trackpad using the same kexts just don't work.

About the 2.1 release, can I just install it like a normal app, overwriting the one I have right now /

Thanks.