Lion installed on HP 7700

redneck

8 posts in this topic

I am new to mac.

I installed iatkos L2 from usb drive after booting to leopard installed on a 8g usb. something to think about .after the install (i formated hd GUID) ,i could not boot the usb leopard.

at install >at boot options I had to select options then try to install, until it worked.

like video at 1078. install intel 1000 lan kext using win 7 mac drive. I learned a lot. i finally found ktext helper. I still know very little about >plist > DTST >ect

I loaded hda voodoo for ALC262 sound. speaker shows at top of screen but no sound.

I have a codec file but I don't have a clue how to load it.

My next shot will ML later.

I will buy a Del or Lenovo , HP is hard to work with and not reliable.

Thanks for any help

What are the specs of your machine? Is this actually a netbook? We need more info if you want help with your installation.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

• 3 weeks later...

It is a Small Form Factor Desktop HP7700. I have a 500G hard drive, I formatted GUID with Mac.( 3 partions ).

I loaded lion first iatkos l2. ( I later loaded win 7 ). I have 1 partion saved for ML10.8. I have a 750 G backup,

I later updated Lion to 10.7.4 and win7 to win 8. then loaded win 7 on back up. I used EasyBCD for boot profile.

I use win 8 most of the time because of poor video and no sound in Mac Lion. Win 8 is fast.

I have a HDA codec dump txt but targua HDA helper ignores it. I get black screen with ATI 1300 at boot.

iatkos l2 is the only version I got to load using a lot of the iatkos boot loader options.

ML 10.8 says Machine not compatible. I think it all has to do with HP Bios.

Lion doesn't recognize the backup even though it boots win 7.

I'm looking for a different SSF desktop , no HP.

I have tried many different Kext and had no boot. > I edit lion with win 7 > macdrive > delete kext.

You are actually posting in the wrong section then. I have moved this to the correct forum to get you further help.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The HP DC7700 works great with Hackintosh but the built in Video will not work, you will need a low profile card, the GT210 is good ($30) and you will need to use IOATAFamily.kext to overcome the BIOS issues. AppleInterCPUPowerManagement.kext or you it will KP on you and Sleepenabler.kext if you want it to sleep. You will also need to create a DSDT.aml as well.

For 10.6 and 10.7 I use AzaliaAudio.pkg for audio, intel82566MM.kext for network.

For 10.8 you will need to buy ePCI SATA adapter ($18), USB Sound adapter ($10) and a PCI network card ($20)

enjoy

• 6 months later...

How did you overcome the IDE / SATA issue with 10.8.2 ?

the built in ethernet will work with 10.8 with intel 82566MM.kext but you only get 100mbs speed.

graphics without a PCI card leaves features of the OS unusable.

Built in sound used to work with AppleAzaliaAudio.kext but not in 10.8 AFAIK but even when it did some issues in programs came up.