Mountain Lion Golden Master 12A269 online.

Derty

126 posts in this topic

I had to remove NV* Kexts on my Installation USB Stick to be able to install. After first Boot I installed newest Chameleon and NV* Kexts again, everythings working perfectly. GTX 570. USB Stick created with MyHack 3.1.2

hello

the ati6000controller, is nothing to do with cpu ? what u tell is a kp in cpu, have u proper dsdt ?

when remove the aticontroller is to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

good hack

Artur,

It os okay now, I've installed GM successfully. My problem was the ATI kext. I took from my ML DP3 to put in USB installer.

There are 17 ATI* kext. Indeed I am using ATI radeon HD 6670.

Thank you

Hi xmen,

I try install the ahciportinjector ioahcifamily kexts from Lion but still get dvd player error.

I read somewhere that you need to patch dvdplayer to change it from internal to external. Has anyone try this? Pls share experience with us.

TQ

Hi, you said the montain lion P55A works fine, I have one and it works well, but the dvd player does not work gives error opening .... my graphic is an asus hd6870, and i had to remove the ATI6000controller.kext .... to be able to install ... when i reboot, also get a white screen a few seconds before entering the workplace .... for dvd player work i needed to install the ahciportinjector ioahcifamily kexts from Lion to work....if anyone has suggestions or tips I'm thankful.

dvd player error: A valid DVD drive could not be found [-70012]

hello

try to use another framebuffer

AtiConfig=

good hack

What framebuffer for AtiConfig= do you recommend that I try?

I thought AtiConfig is for the video card. How is that related to dvd player?

TQ

<p>

Hi xmen,

I try install the ahciportinjector ioahcifamily kexts from Lion but still get dvd player error.

I read somewhere that you need to patch dvdplayer to change it from internal to external. Has anyone try this? Pls share experience with us.

TQ

Hi helob and artur-pt!Thanks to member BukiA, the only method that worked for me for the error of this DVD player was told by Bukia...with this method, i can use original IOAHCIFamily.kext AppleAHCIPort.kext from Mountain Lion.........."Go to the folder /System/Library/Frameworks/ and back up the file "DVDPlayback.framework." If you have a regular Time Machine backup of the system that should suffice, or you can copy the file to your desktop.Open 0xED or your preferred hex editor and use it to open the following file:/System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A Using the editor's searching options, search for the text "Internal" and replace all occurrences of it (there should be four) with the text "External" and save the file.If you cannot edit the text with your program, then locate the hex code for the word "Internal" (which is "496E7465726E616C") and replace it with the hex code for the word "External" (which is "45787465726E616C")."Close the file once saved, and then run a permissions fix on the boot drive using Disk Utility. Then restart the system and you should now be able to play DVDs off the external drive using DVD Player. I hope it can also help those in need.I have another problem, my graphics is an asus hd 6870 but during the boot appears a message saying "unknown AGPM Controller platform" how can I solve this? Many thanks

Edit: ok, now "unknown AGPM Controller platform" message log disappeared.

<p>

Hi helob and artur-pt!Thanks to member BukiA, the only method that worked for me for the error of this DVD player was told by Bukia...with this method, i can use original IOAHCIFamily.kext AppleAHCIPort.kext from Mountain Lion.........."Go to the folder /System/Library/Frameworks/ and back up the file "DVDPlayback.framework." If you have a regular Time Machine backup of the system that should suffice, or you can copy the file to your desktop.Open 0xED or your preferred hex editor and use it to open the following file:/System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A Using the editor's searching options, search for the text "Internal" and replace all occurrences of it (there should be four) with the text "External" and save the file.If you cannot edit the text with your program, then locate the hex code for the word "Internal" (which is "496E7465726E616C") and replace it with the hex code for the word "External" (which is "45787465726E616C")."Close the file once saved, and then run a permissions fix on the boot drive using Disk Utility. Then restart the system and you should now be able to play DVDs off the external drive using DVD Player. I hope it can also help those in need.I have another problem, my graphics is an asus hd 6870 but during the boot appears a message saying "unknown AGPM Controller platform" how can I solve this? Many thanks

Edit: ok, now "unknown AGPM Controller platform" message log disappeared.

Thanks brother. It works like a charm.

if your card is HD5670 you can try GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed

xmen107,

Currently I am using AtiConfig=Uakari. It works but quite frequently it gives me either a black screen or it hangs after the apple logo. I have to play around with the monitor (Dell U3011)( like switch it off and on) or cable (unplug and replug) to get video.

I try your recommendation of Ati=Duckweed and it also work. See whether this will help with the video erratic problem with Uakari.

I also read somewhere (can't remember now) that to speed up boot up, need to have extensions.mkext in /Extra/Extensions folder. How do you generate extensions.mkext file and do you need to change the original cache file?

Thank you for your help again.

Have a nice day

Thanks brother. It works like a charm.

xmen107,

Currently I am using AtiConfig=Uakari. It works but quite frequently it gives me either a black screen or it hangs after the apple logo. I have to play around with the monitor (Dell U3011)( like switch it off and on) or cable (unplug and replug) to get video.

I try your recommendation of Ati=Duckweed and it also work. See whether this will help with the video erratic problem with Uakari.

I also read somewhere (can't remember now) that to speed up boot up, need to have extensions.mkext in /Extra/Extensions folder. How do you generate extensions.mkext file and do you need to change the original cache file?

Thank you for your help again.

Have a nice day

For a faster boot in Chameleon Wizard UseKernelCache = Yes... for your graphics, what I've read on this forum is recommended use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Duckweed, maybe Baboon, etc. Google for it... or just use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and latest chameleon auto detect best framebuffer for your card.

For a faster boot in Chameleon Wizard UseKernelCache = Yes... for your graphics, what I've read on this forum is recommended use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=Duckweed, maybe Baboon, etc. Google for it... or just use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and latest chameleon auto detect best framebuffer for your card.

Try with UseKernelCache=Yes after copying all the kexts from /E/Extra to /S/L/E and update KernelCache. It sure improve boot time.

However I am still facing occassional black screen or hang after apple logo. Try without AtiConfig=xxx to use default which happen to be Baboon. Still faced same problem.

With a black screen, not sure why unplug and replug video cable solve video problem. Do you reasons?

When I am on Lion, I needed to patch framebuffer Uakari to make AtiConfig=Uakari video work. However with ML, I don't need that but it gives me video problem occasionally.

Any inputs will be most welcome.

Have a nice day

I manage to boot in to ML, but needed to remove NVDAResman.kext ,of course the graphic card is not injected correctly. (VGA only ?)

It works flawless in LIon,

I'm using Cham 2014, how can this be fixed? more updates in Cham?, or some modified kext ? is there a solution ?

EDITo

Also tried the new Cham 2018, still same issue

GeForce GT 230M:
 Chipset Model: GeForce GT 230M
 Type: GPU
 Bus: PCIe
 Slot: PCI-1
 PCIe Lane Width: x16
 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
 Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID: 0x0a28
 Revision ID: 0x00a2
 ROM Revision: 70.16.25.00.25
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution: 1920 x 1080
 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display: Yes
 Mirror: Off
 Online: Yes
 Built-In: Yes

I managed to get this installed on my Dell Inspiron 1720 with X3100 graphics. No QE/CI because I had to use the 64-bit kexts from 10.6.2. Other than that, it seems pretty good and it upped my Geekbench score from about 2850 to 2895. I can watch videos with Quicktime but fullscreen video is jerky. Hopefully, someone will be inspired to try to convert a more recent X3100 kext set to 64-bit. I'm looking at tutorials on this now.

Try with UseKernelCache=Yes after copying all the kexts from /E/Extra to /S/L/E and update KernelCache. It sure improve boot time. However I am still facing occassional black screen or hang after apple logo. Try without AtiConfig=xxx to use default which happen to be Baboon. Still faced same problem. With a black screen, not sure why unplug and replug video cable solve video problem. Do you reasons? When I am on Lion, I needed to patch framebuffer Uakari to make AtiConfig=Uakari video work. However with ML, I don't need that but it gives me video problem occasionally. Any inputs will be most welcome. Have a nice day
I'll have same issue maybe 1 out of 30 reboots since Lion but to resolve I screen share from macbook and change resolution to lowest setting and then back to native and it fixes it. Did a transfer with Migration Assistant which screwed up a bunch of file permissions and caused this to happen almost every time I'd boot but was able to fix it once I did get to the desktop and get sharing enabled and permissions fixed. For DVD player changing DSDT for SATA to be ESB2 should also fix internal drive error along with a couple other things like hard drive eject on sleep and F12 on keyboard to eject DVD's

I just noticed something interesting:

If you go to ~/Library/Mobile Documents, then the folder name changes to iCloud and gets a nice cloud icon too. So I have an iCloud folder that sync with iCloud (or in the future maybe)? the folder can't be pinned to sidebar, and if i create an alias from it, it changes back to "Mobile Documents". Also if you navigate in the iCloud folder, the bottom path bar gets empty, so it's not real folders in there.

Pic:

post-150972-0-31854100-1342980253_thumb.png

Bleh, I can't install it because when it boots to the installer desktop, the whole screen is white and all I can see it the mouse pointer. Radeon 6670. I've tried different boot flags and everything. Made with MyHack on my usb.

Hi

i have 6850 HD and same problem but when i removed all ATI kexts and used DP3 ATI kexts it works.let me know if you need any help.