Mountain Lion Golden Master 12A269 online.

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Everythings good here, like Lion and ML DP4 worked. Using own-patched AppleHDA from 10.7.4 (input output works), using Exotic patch for VGA, and using old AppleRTL8169Ethernet kext from SL for network card.

The Edge3000

The Edge3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Woohoo! Made the jump and converted my main install after I installed on another partition to make sure everything works.
Initial findings:
1) Looks like AppleRTC doesn't need patching (at least for Gigabyte?)
2) TRIM terminal patch still works
3) System information reports "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller" when the retina MBP kexts showed Intel 7 series... w/e.
4) Cinebench scores are much lower. CPU/GPU is 5.78/49.29 instead of 6.44/54.77 on Lion (AMD 6870).
5) Geekbench scores didn't change.
6) AGPMController now has a property called "Machine" where it lists just iMac12,2; before it listed every possible system. I do notice the system animations are more fluid. Don't know if this means better GPM or if my card is running full blast all the time now. I'll have to hook up my Kill-A-Watt and measure the load draw to know for sure.
7) I got excited when I read

Go full screen on any display

If you have a secondary display connected to your Mac, you can take an app full screen on either display. Drag the window to the desired display and click the full-screen button.

All this means is now instead of moving over to the main screen, it will go fullscreen in whatever screen it is in... still makes your other monitors useless, so it's still broken IMO.
8) New trash can and dock look sexy :P

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Almost everything fine. I have using Myhack 3.1 and installed it. Kernel Panic. I could fix it by removing Patched AppleRTC.kext from E/E. Now I see Myhack made the version 3.1.2 of his application.

kyleg40

kyleg40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Has anyone tried the update on iatkos l2? Just mount the image or burn it? Thanks

JBX

JBX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
No problems just install VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (and remove/backup AppleHDA).

Ricksterm

Ricksterm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
working perfectly here with little effort.

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Boots into white screen using myHack tried -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=no and yes had problems with DP3 also I wonder If I can even install ML help anyone

dionnode

dionnode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Boots into white screen using myHack tried -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=no and yes had problems with DP3 also I wonder If I can even install ML help anyone

I have the same problem too. ML DP4 and ML GM does not work with MyHack 3.1/3.2 (for information: only ML DP3 works fine).
it boots into white screen.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,991 posts
Runs fine on my MSI G41M-P23.

Only issue is the USB drive is a bit flaky... usb stops working from time to time. Rolled back the lion kext and all is well. Not sure what is going on but more testing is in order. :thumbsup_anim:

Also still no audio working form MSI motherboards in 10.8 with modified AppleHDA.kext

kyleg40

kyleg40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
So just click the image and run from desktop? Or put on a usb and try it?

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hey,

I tried different methods.
I always end up at the grey screen with cursor moving.
before the installation should start.

Any idea?

Lion works flawless. Asus p5w dh.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,543 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

is graphics

what is u graphics ?

insert u profile u signature, something like i have in the final

good hack

I have the same problem too. ML DP4 and ML GM does not work with MyHack 3.1/3.2 (for information: only ML DP3 works fine).

hello

remove from install in s/l/e

ati6000controller

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

http://olarila.com/f...php?f=27&t=1014

good hack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
hey

6870 xfx

The Edge3000

The Edge3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I had this problem too (Gigabyte 6870). I read somewhere that you can either roll back the graphics drivers or press the power button to sleep/wake the machine once (what I did). Of course, you would need to have sleep working with vanilla install with whatever DSDT, etc.

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
How to install ML GM using Myhack 3.1.2:
1. Create the installer USB on an 8G USB drive, following Myhack directions;
2. Once the process ended, open the USB drive, go to /Extra/Extensions and remove FFS the "Patched AppleRTC...." after restart it will get you in a pretty kernel panic. Keep it and check later if you think it is useful;
3. Get Chameleon rev 2009 from here: http://www.osx86.net..._mountain_lion_[updated_...html and install it in the USB drive, the bootloader put by Myhack doesn't boot.
4. Now boot from the USB drive and install ML GM on your computer.

Than get the Extra specific kexts, dsdt and audio on your own for the postinstall.

Now I need help in finding a proper Chameleon or other bootloader that enable iCloud on ML GM!!! Thank you in advance.

Arkanis

Arkanis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Can someone please give more details on how to update instead of installing fresh ?

I launched the app from the DMG, but when the computer rebooted nothing happened, still on Lion.

Thank you,

A.

Common Sense

Common Sense

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I am using IOAHCIBlockstorageInjector kext to get my drives detected as internal and to get rid of the orance icons. It used to disable hotswap but it's working now. I can eject and remount all drives except for the system drive and I also successfully hotplugged my DVD drive.

Setting serial-ata AHCI to ESB2 is no longer required in order to re-mount the disks after sleep.

EDIT: AppleRTC.kext still needs to be patched.

CaiqueAraujo

CaiqueAraujo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I installed sucefully all mountain lion versions with this guide http://ssgoku129.wor...e-using-######/ , i actully have a dual boot mountain lion DP1 and GM, cause i dont have wifi on GM, i have a ralink 3090 and there isnt 64 bit kexts for this, unfortunelly T.T, but all are OK, graphics, sound, ethernet, cam, boot from HD, less the wifi!

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I'm using Geekbench 2.3.4 and now it reports my config as a "MacPro3,1" instead of a "Hackintosh".
(I don't know that this is because of the new geekbench, or because of mountain lion...)

The Edge3000

The Edge3000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Can someone please give more details on how to update instead of installing fresh ?

I launched the app from the DMG, but when the computer rebooted nothing happened, still on Lion.

The in-app upgrade will not work as you found out. This is a limitation with chameleon IIRC. The process of upgrading a Lion install is the same as making a fresh install, except instead of choosing a blank partition, choose your Lion install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy