Success: Mountain Lion (DP4 & GM) on Ivy i7-3770K/Z77X-UD5H/GTX 670

55 posts in this topic

I installed it Sucessfully on my GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard but after running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installing my DSDT it wont boot without the usb stick.

It just stuck in the grey apple loading screen any idea why? Please help

I installed it Sucessfully on my GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard but after running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installing my DSDT it wont boot without the usb stick.

It just stuck in the grey apple loading screen any idea why? Please help

Don't use multicrap unless you know exactly what it's doing. It could install a totally new bootloader or modify the bootloader setting without your knowledge. Manually install DSDT or kext give you more control and you know exactly what you changed.

• Like 2

Don't use multicrap unless you know exactly what it's doing. It could install a totally new bootloader or modify the bootloader setting without your knowledge. Manually install DSDT or kext give you more control and you know exactly what you changed.

I admire you for saying that. I wish we had more users like you.

Z77X-UD5H, GTX 680, Core i7 3770, 8GB Corsair Venegance installation success! Sound, GPU and Network work great. Starcraft 2 runs smooth ;-)

Thanks for the tutorial and the installer!

PS: No DSDT is needed. Used ###### 4.6.1 for sound and Atheros network.

Hello everyone, I have a configuration similar to yours (GTX 680, i7 3770k, vertex 4) except that the motherboard is an Intel DZ77GA-70K. Do you believe that I can try Mountain Lion? Which tutorial should I follow? Are impractical for Hackintosh ... help me? thanks Maurice

:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Hi everyone,

im just building a list of hardware as i have decided that a new Hackintosh is the way for me, but is seems John Cash has removed his guide from the link, does anyone have a copy of whats involved with getting 10.8GM loaded in this MB and CPU combo?

thank you in advance!

Richard

Hi Lofen,

Thank's a lot for this install method, it work like a charm.

By the way i have a small issue when i shutdown the computer after shutdown the computer restart automatically. Do you have the same issue ?

Thank you.

Rgr

Pascal.

Hi Lofen,

Thank's a lot for this install method, it work like a charm.

By the way i have a small issue when i shutdown the computer after shutdown the computer restart automatically. Do you have the same issue ?

Thank you.

Rgr

Pascal.

I had the same issue.

Unplug any usb3 devices and try again.

• Like 1

Same here for the link to the guide, get a permission error.

Is there an updated version or something as well be having the exactly the same hardware as the original poster so if there's a guide can follow it would be very handy.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I have a configuration similar to yours (GTX 680, i7 3770k, vertex 4) except that the motherboard is an Intel DZ77GA-70K. Do you believe that I can try Mountain Lion? Which tutorial should I follow? Are impractical for Hackintosh ... help me? thanks Maurice

:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

I will write a guide for DZ77GA-70K when i have everything working and when i get time.

Hi Lofen, Thank's a lot for this install method, it work like a charm. By the way i have a small issue when i shutdown the computer after shutdown the computer restart automatically. Do you have the same issue ? Thank you. Rgr Pascal.

Yes, I had that problem too. It's due to the Wake on Lan feature of the motherboard. You need to turn off that feature in the BIOS. After that my machine shuts down fine.

Does ML have native ivy bridge support?

I mean does the vanilla mach_kernel in the ML image work to boot your i7 3770?

Can't open the John cash guide. Not sure why.

Yes, ML supports Ivy Bridge natively. No patch needed. I'll try to upload John Cash's guide later. It seems his posts got deleted.

I have a 3770K with Z77-DS3H and i'm having all sorts of USB issues. I was wondering what your BIOS settings for USB are and what if any steps did you take to get your USB working correctly?

Didn't modify any default BIOS settings relating to USB. As you can see in the screen shot I posted. USB 3 are detected out without modification.

I suppose before running the ./finalize-command you have to navigate to a certain directory in the terminal. Right?

I didn't try because I didn't buy the board yet.

Could you be so kind to describe the process for someone who is not really comfortable with the terminal but made it to create the install stick.

Percybut, John Cashs Guide has already been upped by WTSNZ (with some modifications for this board):

http://dl.dropbox.co...758/install.zip

Hi guys,

Had a good read through this thread. I just want to clarify a few things with the folks who have had success on this motherboard and CPU.

I have just oredered the UD5H with a 3770K i7.

As I understand it, you do NOT need a DSDT of any kind when working with this board, nor do you need any Kexts?

My current setup is an EP45-DS3R - and I used DSDT which I believe has audio, graphics and various other fixes. I also use a patched AppleHDA.kext to get the onboard sound working. I used RealtekRTL81xx.kext from LION to get my network working. And the only other kext I use is FakeSMC.

My graphics card is a Geforce 9800GTX+ 512mb (not upgrading this). Which worked through DSDT.

So yea, are we saying that other than FakeSMC, this board will function 100% perfectly ( graphics, sound, network, time machine etc etc) ?

Or Will I need something for the graphics at least?

Advice and help appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, I had that problem too. It's due to the Wake on Lan feature of the motherboard. You need to turn off that feature in the BIOS. After that my machine shuts down fine.

Yes, ML supports Ivy Bridge natively. No patch needed. I'll try to upload John Cash's guide later. It seems his posts got deleted.

Didn't modify any default BIOS settings relating to USB. As you can see in the screen shot I posted. USB 3 are detected out without modification.

Thanks! Ya i've been doing some more testing and It seems that my USB 3 ports only work with USB 3 devices. Doesn't matter what settings I have in the BIOS can't get the USB 3 ports to hand off to USB 2. Maybe in time an updated Chimera will fix this. Other then that and my new Dell U2412M USB hub freezing the system, everything seems to be working properly.