54 replies to this topic

DeskIDE

DeskIDE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
EvgeniX,

I have the same system as you, and the overclock used to work in 10.7.4 and Win 7. After 10.8 GM install the machine boots and once the desktop shows up it freezes. If I remove the overclock and use default CPU speed the ML works great. In Win 7 Overclock still works.

Can you please share your bios settings and did you modify apple CPU power management or ssdt file?

EvgeniX

EvgeniX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

EvgeniX,

I have the same system as you, and the overclock used to work in 10.7.4 and Win 7. After 10.8 GM install the machine boots and once the desktop shows up it freezes. If I remove the overclock and use default CPU speed the ML works great. In Win 7 Overclock still works.

Can you please share your bios settings and did you modify apple CPU power management or ssdt file?

1. I use F9d beta bios
2. CPU clock ratio 48, Boost Technology = Disabled, all other = Auto; 3D pover VLC = Turbo;
3. VCore offset = 0.125, PLL=1.7, all other = Auto;
4. DRAM = 1.535 @ 2133- 9-10-10-24-1T

this all I changed....

DeskIDE

DeskIDE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

1. I use F9d beta bios
2. CPU clock ratio 48, Boost Technology = Disabled, all other = Auto; 3D pover VLC = Turbo;

this all I changed....

are you using NullCPU kext, DSDT or SSDT ?

EvgeniX

EvgeniX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

are you using NullCPU kext, DSDT or SSDT ?

nothing... I think only FakeSMC which was with John Cash guide....

Pentahex

Pentahex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

1. I use F9d beta bios

this all I changed....

I'm using an i5 2500K with my Z77X-UDH5 with overclock settings at 4.8 GHz. According to HW Monitor I have only two speedsteps at 16x and 33x , so no overclock. :-(
I've tried a custom SSDT using Revogirl's script, other site SSDT and no SSDT without success. Otherwise ML GM is working great.

jrdnlc

jrdnlc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I installed it Sucessfully on my GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard but after running ##### and installing my DSDT it wont boot without the usb stick.

It just stuck in the grey apple loading screen any idea why? Please help

DeskIDE

DeskIDE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Something in ML GM is messing up the Sandy Bridge & Z77X-UD5H overclocks that worked in 10.7.4 with SSDT files.

Pentahex

Pentahex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Something in ML GM is messing up the Sandy Bridge & Z77X-UD5H overclocks that worked in 10.7.4 with SSDT files.

Yes, I had full 48x with Lion.

Lofen

Lofen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I installed it Sucessfully on my GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard but after running ##### and installing my DSDT it wont boot without the usb stick.

It just stuck in the grey apple loading screen any idea why? Please help

Don't use multicrap unless you know exactly what it's doing. It could install a totally new bootloader or modify the bootloader setting without your knowledge. Manually install DSDT or kext give you more control and you know exactly what you changed.

EvgeniX

EvgeniX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
3.5GHz vs 4.8GHz (all other the same...) - http://browser.prima...e/857640/849554

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,345 posts

Don't use multicrap unless you know exactly what it's doing. It could install a totally new bootloader or modify the bootloader setting without your knowledge. Manually install DSDT or kext give you more control and you know exactly what you changed.

I admire you for saying that. I wish we had more users like you.

Chumnick

Chumnick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Tell me please,
why here and on other sites with this motherboard and ivy processor system indicates MacPro but not iMac for example?
Sorry for my English. Thanks!

WildSteve

WildSteve

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Z77X-UD5H, GTX 680, Core i7 3770, 8GB Corsair Venegance installation success! Sound, GPU and Network work great. Starcraft 2 runs smooth ;-)
Thanks for the tutorial and the installer!

PS: No DSDT is needed. Used ###### 4.6.1 for sound and Atheros network.

MvFx

MvFx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone, I have a configuration similar to yours (GTX 680, i7 3770k, vertex 4) except that the motherboard is an Intel DZ77GA-70K. Do you believe that I can try Mountain Lion? Which tutorial should I follow? Are impractical for Hackintosh ... help me? thanks Maurice

:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Nach0 Stallion

Nach0 Stallion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi everyone,
im just building a list of hardware as i have decided that a new Hackintosh is the way for me, but is seems John Cash has removed his guide from the link, does anyone have a copy of whats involved with getting 10.8GM loaded in this MB and CPU combo?

thank you in advance!

Richard

Boeing 737

Boeing 737

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi Lofen,

Thank's a lot for this install method, it work like a charm.

By the way i have a small issue when i shutdown the computer after shutdown the computer restart automatically. Do you have the same issue ?

Thank you.

Rgr

Pascal.

Stathman

Stathman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hi Lofen,

Thank's a lot for this install method, it work like a charm.

By the way i have a small issue when i shutdown the computer after shutdown the computer restart automatically. Do you have the same issue ?

Thank you.

Rgr

Pascal.

I had the same issue.
Unplug any usb3 devices and try again.

Percybut

Percybut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Does ML have native ivy bridge support?
I mean does the vanilla mach_kernel in the ML image work to boot your i7 3770?

Can't open the John cash guide. Not sure why.

carcharo

carcharo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Same here for the link to the guide, get a permission error.

Is there an updated version or something as well be having the exactly the same hardware as the original poster so if there's a guide can follow it would be very handy.

Thanks!

critic81

critic81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
I have a 3770K with Z77-DS3H and i'm having all sorts of USB issues. I was wondering what your BIOS settings for USB are and what if any steps did you take to get your USB working correctly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy