- Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (firmware r8)
- 16 GB Corsair Ram DDR3 1600 (4x4)
- Intel SSD 330 180 GB
- EVGA FTW GeFroce GTX 670 (2 GB)
- Apple Airport Extreme mini PICe mod card
- Echo AudioFire 4
I'll probably update with some additional details as there are some minor things I ran into, but over all the installation was very straightforward based on John Cash's guide. I didn't need to do everything in his guide other than:
1. Create installation USB boot drive. (didn't do anything else extra here, didn't copy any new kext, etc.)
2. Install Mountain Lion using the USB drive
3. Reboot into USB, run ./finalize in terminal to install the bootloader on the hard drive.
4. Reboot into newly installed ML.
[Edit: note that John Cash's original "finalize" script also installs audio and CMOS fix kext. I commented them out. Installing them on my system seem to actually cause other problems.]
- iCloud sync works
- GTX 670 fully recognized with 2 GB, and full accelleration
- App store works, able to install previously purchased apps
- Sleep and wake up works, but with a minor issue (will explain later)
- Firewire works with the Audiofire 4 external sound card
- Wireless works with the Airport Extreme card
This machine has Windows 7, Fedora 17, and ML DP4, triple boot. Each OS has its own physical hard drive. I prefer this way to avoid any mess up. When I install a new system, I unplug all the other drives.
The minor issue I mentioned earlier is when I manually shut down/restart the machine after a successful wake up from sleep, the system freezes. I don't see any error logs in the console. When I don't sleep/wake up, the system shuts down normally. I'll have to play with it and see.
The great news is that this set up is very easy to work with and has very strong performance.
Just installed ML GM, everything worked even better than DP4, all my previous minor problems have gone away. Here are some screen shots and benchmarks: