Help with first boot after installing iAtkos L2

Dead_Beef

3 posts in this topic

So i'm not sure if this is the best place to put this, but after sucessfully installing iAtkos L2, I reboot and use the bootloader on the CD to boot into my newly created Lion partition.

my usual boot flags include -v busratio=18 cpus=1 to avoid a kernel panic. Everything goes well, it loads into graphic console, loads more kexts, finds the boot volume, etc.

However, once it is finished when one would normally expect it to show the welcome screen, it starts playing the welcome audio, but it still shows the console onscreen, completely unresponsive to keyboard input. I have no idea what would cause this, and I get the same result when using Hazards 10.6.6i install disk, but not Hazard 10.6.2.

At first I thought it was showing the GUI on the wrong display, so I hooked up an HDMI monitor as well as a standard VGA monitor, but to no avail.

My hardware setup consists of an HP DM4-1173cl laptop with:

3 GB of DDR3 ram

an Intel i5 450 processor

Intel GMA HD Mobile Graphics card

If you need more information, feel free to ask.

I've tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No, but nothing changes

Don't know what the console screen is, but sounds like a graphics issue to me. First problem is unless you installed iAtkos and picked ZERO customization options, I have no idea what {censored} it may have installed or modified. So for now you can start by installing/using newest version of chameleon which you can find here Chameleon 2.1svn Official PKG Installer & Binaries . If still no joy, delete all ATI and Nvidia kexts, if still not working after that, don't use a distro as starting with the same vanilla base that is common to everyone else makes it easier to help with what may need to be added or changed. TheRacerMaster practically wrote a how to here without even trying to :)Intel HD Graphics on Mountain Lion