14 replies to this topic

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hey guys,
I decided to test ML DP4 on my HackBook. I created a bootable USB installer the normal way (restoring BaseSystem.dmg, moving Packages folder, copying mach_kernel, add kexts & Cham). Just for testing purposes, I decided to NOT delete the Intel HD kexts in /S/L/E.
And it worked.
Well, not exactly. The screen is full of lines and you can't read it, but it at least boots up. In Lion, I would have to delete AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts or otherwise I would get stuck at the Apple logo. I don't know how this is working. I'm pretty sure that AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext is loaded, but I'm not sure. Here's a screenshot of what the screen looks like in the installer:
Posted Image
Again, it's not exactly full support, but at least the kext loads and I can boot the installer without deleting kexts.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Looks great to me, the mere fact you were able to upload that photo is impressive. You must be on the good server :) Besides once you've done enough of those installs you don't really need to see what your doing very well. Not like there is a ton of different options to choose from :) Hope the final install goes well!

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I don't use InsanelyMac for images. I use imgur so I don't use up too much attachment space. I'll try this with the GM version that got released yesterday.

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
Hey RacerMaster, with Mountain Lion do you have native resolution? (i know you have distortion lines)

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
@giofrida: I'm not sure, but by the looks of it I think so. I am currently downloading the GM version of Mountain Lion and seeing if there are any changes.

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

@giofrida: I'm not sure, but by the looks of it I think so. I am currently downloading the GM version of Mountain Lion and seeing if there are any changes.

I tried yesterday Mountain Lion GM: i can't boot to the installer (without deleting .kext)

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

I tried yesterday Mountain Lion GM: i can't boot to the installer (without deleting .kext)

Weird, I created a 10.8 GM installer, and I got the same graphical glitches as earlier.
Posted Image

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
@giofrida: I figured out why the kexts were loading for me. You MUST be using MacBookPro6,1 SMBios.plist for the kexts to load.

plsh2me

plsh2me

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Yes man ... here is my one -

Attached File  DSC04838.JPG   203.96KB   68 downloads

HP Pavilion DV6 3103sl: Intel Core i5 460M 2.53GHz; 4 GB DDR3 533MHz RAM; ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 1024 MB + Intel HD Graphics.
Installed OSX 10.8.1. Used SMBios Macbook Pro 6.1; Nothing changed!!!

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Yes man ... here is my one -

Attached File  DSC04838.JPG   203.96KB   68 downloads

HP Pavilion DV6 3103sl: Intel Core i5 460M 2.53GHz; 4 GB DDR3 533MHz RAM; ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 1024 MB + Intel HD Graphics.
Installed OSX 10.8.1. Used SMBios Macbook Pro 6.1; Nothing changed!!!

Same screen! Tried also to use a DSDT Patch to make our chipset more like Apple's chipset, nothing changed :(.

plsh2me

plsh2me

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Deleted all the kexts of Intel HD & ATI. Loaded the kexts (except Intel HD kexts, If load screen remains same) from - http://www.insanelym...howtopic=281892 .
Card is recognised with 771MB ram and got a single resolution 1366x768.
Can play video, but screen goes black :( . Anyway all behaviours normal.

Thank you TheRacerMaster for your nice guide :)

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Say, before I try this, I need to know... have any of you tried editing custom EDID? Refer to this guide - http://www.insanelym...splay-problems/

If I'm right, Mountain Lion may be able to use our Graphics Card once and for all!

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
We can try that, but we can find the vendor/device id of the lid only if Intel HD Graphics kexts are loaded, but, when they are loaded, the screen goes white with red/yellow stripes, and you cannot do anything!

Instead, if Intel HD Graphics kexts aren't loaded the vendor and device ids are generic (71716be...bla..bla).

So? Dunno.

sockerkid

sockerkid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
i will give this a try again.. to upper level, if the screen goes white and red/yellow, you can always use vnc to have a nice view..

iridiumflare

iridiumflare

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Say, before I try this, I need to know... have any of you tried editing custom EDID? Refer to this guide - http://www.insanelym...splay-problems/

If I'm right, Mountain Lion may be able to use our Graphics Card once and for all!

I followed this guide, but did not solve my problem. My resolution remains at 1024x768. :(

I have i3 and Intel HD Graphics for 8086:0046

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy